AI or socmed commenters?

Zenstrive

Ocean King
It feels like AIs are now acting like a bunch of social media commenters.
"Oh, nice satellites. Me likey!"
"What, your soldiers are not battling? Pfft!"
"Wow...you have shiny guns!"

etc, etc.

It feels like they want you to win, but not truly want to say it...
And it makes me feels tired and on the edge. Feels like you're on turn 200 already when in fact you're on turn 50...

It's frikkin' Twitter diplomacy.

It's clear that I'm just so attractive that everyone has a crush on me, regardless of who I play as.

Well, in BE we don't have advisors anymore. I feel that this feature is a reflection of different factions of mankind working together and not against each others anymore.
It feels throughout the game in different ways. Most of you may notice that with the way less aggressive AI. Factions are more willing to cooperate and some seem to have learned from the Great Mistake while others haven't.

I like the social media concept. It's new and dedusting (Civ needs that to some extent imo). It also fits our time. CivBEs dev team is pretty young as well. So, this might have something to do with it, too.
It's probably also an attempt to find a younger audience. Some kids might grab the game and like what they see. The same way I liked Civ 1 when I was 12 years old.

Civilization is a classic. There's not much room for drastic changes. It might scorn the fans. In BE however, there's room for such little and funny things. If they get accepted, they might get enhanced and find a way in other games.

In a new classic Civ game, I'd like to see a changing society. Esp. when it comes to the Internet and Communication. A more fleshed out version of this, could be really interesting. Social media is intertwined with politics and the development of social aspects of a society could be perfectly reflected this way.

Personally, I'd change the system a bit. While it's fine that leaders comment on my management, I'd like to have a better connection to my colony. My people have little ways to contact me - besides quests. They should be more involved in my decision making processes.

As it now is, I'm pretty much an autocrat/dictator. I think the future may hold more forms of societies ready than this one, though.

Besides of all that, I really like the way the game is going.

What's worse - the pings or inane comments?

When you get down to the basic impacts of the new system it really is very subtle: everyone pick on the weakling :lol:

Has there ever been a strategy game where the game leader gets such favorable treatment? "Oh, you're winning the game!? Here, take this blue heart, so I can't roll a declaration of war on you ever again."

Right? I said it elsewhere and I'll say it again: the diplo banter is about the same as frickin chirper in cities: skylines (for those of you who haven't played C:S it's a universally disliked feature), yet somehow more annoying and less useful.

Well, in BE we don't have advisors anymore. I feel that this feature is a reflection of different factions of mankind working together and not against each others anymore.
It feels throughout the game in different ways. Most of you may notice that with the way less aggressive AI. Factions are more willing to cooperate and some seem to have learned from the Great Mistake while others haven't.

I like the social media concept. It's new and dedusting (Civ needs that to some extent imo). It also fits our time. CivBEs dev team is pretty young as well. So, this might have something to do with it, too.
It's probably also an attempt to find a younger audience. Some kids might grab the game and like what they see. The same way I liked Civ 1 when I was 12 years old.

Civilization is a classic. There's not much room for drastic changes. It might scorn the fans. In BE however, there's room for such little and funny things. If they get accepted, they might get enhanced and find a way in other games.

In a new classic Civ game, I'd like to see a changing society. Esp. when it comes to the Internet and Communication. A more fleshed out version of this, could be really interesting. Social media is intertwined with politics and the development of social aspects of a society could be perfectly reflected this way.

Personally, I'd change the system a bit. While it's fine that leaders comment on my management, I'd like to have a better connection to my colony. My people have little ways to contact me - besides quests. They should be more involved in my decision making processes.

As it now is, I'm pretty much an autocrat/dictator. I think the future may hold more forms of societies ready than this one, though.

Besides of all that, I really like the way the game is going.

I agree. I like those comments too, they are usefull and immersive , as well as refreshing...they indeed feel more in par with nowadays.....except that they should also be a bit less frequent and more diverse. It does feel silly when an AI says the same compliment about my production every 5 turns. So tone it down a bit so that they stay relevant and I ll be fine with this system.

I like the comments it reminds me that I'm not playing alone. But sometimes its silly, I played on apollo last night and china started mocking me about the lack of my soldier's veterancy.... on turn 10? Then she started a war against me, only to be totally destroyed by my "green" soldiers xD

Sujung was waging war against me, then he complimented my orbital coverage and improvements.
It's like, dude, make up your mind! You feel like some kind of tsundere!

So, I was conquering the NSA's cities until I reached Duncan's capital. The moment I'm about to take it he goes and mocks my armies. "Hmm, hey bro, your soldiers suck." Yeah, sure, let me just take your capital and we'll talk.

Just like in real life, the twitter account of a country head is maintained by admin who sometimes doesn't know what's going in....

So, I was conquering the NSA's cities until I reached Duncan's capital. The moment I'm about to take it he goes and mocks my armies. "Hmm, hey bro, your soldiers suck." Yeah, sure, let me just take your capital and we'll talk.

Ahh hahahaha. :lol:

And there was this one time where China declared war on me while she's going at me with tier 3 units and i'm defending my territory with tier 2 units....

When I scored the first tier 3 kill.

She says, "Your hollow victory will be not the end of our resistance!"
That line should be reserved for the defender not the attacker lol. Because I'm the one resisting XD

Top Bottom