AI pillaging ?

whyidie

Emperor
After a couple of wars doesn't seem the AI is pillaging as much as I thought they would. They do pillage but not to the level I thought.

Overall pillaging isn't as powerful as I thought it would be for me or for the AI. Not a bad thing at all, adds a bit of flavor without being overpowered. What's your view ?

It's fine.

If it's a really long tough war i'll have pillaged every tile available and then it's no longer helpful obviously.

Definitely makes the AI's attacks require more cleanup with workers, or really, gives more reason to ensure AI cannot get onto your land as they make a mess of it, which really slows down growth, etc.

I think it's pretty balanced overall, and especially makes horse units more useful (which they really needed).

Depends on what you mean by the AI because I've found barbarians to be pillaging a lot more than usual.

I`ve also seen that the AI is not pillaging as much as I thought, but I`m glad they don`t. The AI shouldn`t pillaging everything like a nut:

1. As a Human Player, i don`t pillage everything in the enemy territory. In fact I try not to, aiming to capture their city first.

2. Pillaging everything means you have to then go and get workers to fix it all costing time and effort.

Pillaging shouldn`t be done too quickly or too often. you want to capture a city and its resources; not capture a city with nothing left in it.

I just tried the pillage-heal bit and it was far from OP. It helped a few melee units last one more turn before getting killed, but cities still deliver such a whollop with the Oligarchy bonus that 25 hit points of healing doesn't move the needle that much.

I did have the opportunity to use the 50% insta-heal promotion with the pillage-heal, which helped that particular melee unit last two turns, instead of one.:lol: But, I took the city just after that second turn, so it did what I wanted.

I just tried the pillage-heal bit and it was far from OP. It helped a few melee units last one more turn before getting killed, but cities still deliver such a whollop with the Oligarchy bonus that 25 hit points of healing doesn't move the needle that much.

I did have the opportunity to use the 50% insta-heal promotion with the pillage-heal, which helped that particular melee unit last two turns, instead of one.:lol: But, I took the city just after that second turn, so it did what I wanted.

Thats pretty much what I'm seeing. Its a small enough boost to possibly give you another turn of holding out, but its not automatic. With the way its implemented I have pulled units out of fire rather than pillage so they'll survive.

The other big thing I was expecting was more battles away from cities. So far hasn't materialized in my games.

Thats pretty much what I'm seeing. Its a small enough boost to possibly give you another turn of holding out, but its not automatic. With the way its implemented I have pulled units out of fire rather than pillage so they'll survive.

The other big thing I was expecting was more battles away from cities. So far hasn't materialized in my games.

My guess is, if you have a good/big enough military to do an effective standoff defense of your entire territory, then you probably have have little to worry about being DoW'ed or invaded in the first place. Or you have a lot of really nice geographic bottlenecks.

I fired up a game on Immortal as the Mongols, to test the new patch (G&K), as I haven't played since July and I am a bit rusty.

I saw the AI pillaging a few tiles, but not going nuts on it. I agree with the previous posts, saying that even humans don't pillage every tile possible, unless you're planning on razing the target city.

One thing that has to be said though: Keshiks + 25hp from pillaging= pure old school fun. :goodjob:

Top Bottom