1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AI refusing peace when I have 100 warscore

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Snipes, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Snipes

Snipes Chieftain

So I went and beat up Gandhi, took three of his cities including Delhi and one which I razed. He is now bottom score and pretty much out of the game, but refuses to make peace with me, even though I have 100 warscore. He had a defensive pact with Kamehameha who I've already made peace with (won that war, took gold etc) as well. War has been going for about 38 turns at this point, what are some possible reasons that he's refusing peace?

2. lordrune

lordrune Prince

If you've only recently conquered a city of his, you might need to wait a few more turns, even if he's almost destroyed.

3. Snipes

Snipes Chieftain

I took the cities very early on in the war with beelined Ships of the Line. It's been at least 30 turns since I last took a city of his.

4. XplosiveLun

XplosiveLun A humble village

If for 30 turns the AI cannot capture my cities even they have 100 war score on me, I would not surrender.

5. Carloshooter

Carloshooter Chieftain

I have a similar problem in my game with the Songhai, I'm playing with transparent diplomacy, so when I try to make a peace deal with the civilization i'm at war with (Dido) it says that they will reject my deal. What is dumb is that when I ask Dido what deal would be fair for her she gives me a Luxury and like 30 GPT but I can't accept... When I press for the next turn she gives me that same peace offer but the "Transparent Diplomacy" thing says the deal is unacceptable but they were the ones sending that peace offer
    Sorry but I can't explain it any better, I can post a printscreen if you want

6. merill

merill Prince

Better: post a description of the bug, a printscreen & the savegame (with the list of used mods) here: github
    good bugreports are always welcome.

7. matlajs

matlajs King

war score is more about your expectation of profit from that war than possibility of make peace. What i observed is, that AI will not make peace, if gather more military strenght and is comparable to yours( mil score), or when another AI DoWed you and defeated one see its opportunity to turn it again into their favour.

8. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

This is an area that I feel like needs to be "one way or the other".

Right now, its very easy for a 3rd party AI to force you into peace if your war score is even a bit negative. If we are going to keep that, then I think having a 100 war score with an AI should allow you to force them to peace. If the warscore is the measure of war, and 100 effectively means "I am completely dominating this war", then it should allow you to auto get a white peace if nothing else.

9. Zanteogo

Zanteogo King

You can find a third party AI and have them pay for peace.

It's funny the wait 2 to 4 turns after the last city capture remains in the AI logic, but 3rd party peace deals can end a war at anytime.

10. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

11. Gothic_Empire

Gothic_Empire AKA, Ramen Empire

I'm fairly sure this isn't true.

12. Galaphile0125

Galaphile0125 Duke

Just try and find a third party AI to broker the peace. I can usually find some schlub who will step in an broker a peace between me and my enemy. I can usually make out with a few cities from my enemy and the broker will pay me in excess of 100 GPT. It's insanely exploitable and I love it.

13. Zanteogo

Zanteogo King

It is however.

The AI is made to see peace as unfavourable after you capture one of it's cites. The effect decreases every turn. It usually makes peace impossible other than finding a 3rd party AI to do it for about 2 to 4 turns.

14. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Just FYI these things are being worked on for the next version.

G