AI relationship needs a fix

SmartLittleman

Chieftain
One day in ur peaceful quite little civilzation a horde of knights comes in and ur at war with the AI so u fend them off and u take a couple of cities 100 years later u have been at peace with that civ but they still hate U because U declared war on them WTF i was invaded and u wanted war not me i was building wonders and getting my eco going but U had to disrupt it and now U hate me for going to war with I had no other choice

Does this bother anyone else cause i hate having that -3 or -4 becasue of the AI going to war with me?

I recall you don't ever get a war penalty unless you raze their cities.

-2 You declared war on us!
-2 You razed one of our cities!
-8 This war spoils our relationship!

So if they declare war on you, you fend them off without razing, and you're currently not at war, there shouldn't be any penalty.

I might be wrong though. :mischief:

So if you raze one crumby little town, that was probably in a useless location, you can never trade with that civ again? Might as well wipe them out completely and have done with them.

Must admit, I've not played many games yet. About to finish my first full game, and the list of complaints from the 3 civs who hate me and have never traded besides peace deals include 'brought an ally in' 'arrogant demand' 'heathen religion' 'close borders' 'trade embargo' (practically everything). There's not enough ass for me to kiss to make all that better, and I have tried giving half a dozen techs or more in one go.

Does the AI harbour serious grudges like this all the time, or is it just because it's Prince level?

Top Bottom