AI sea/air units not retreating

FloppyFishTully

Chieftain
I've noticed that sometimes the AI doesn't retreat sea units from cities under attack.

This behavior was (allegedly) fixed in solver's unnoficial patch:

AI plane/ship retreating logic when city is in danger extended to Forts
Vassal's spies no longer caught in master's territory
AI logic on banning nukes tweaked to account for AI leader personality and the global situation
Non-native collateral damage tweaked (thanks guys)
Civilopedia will now display "replaced by" lines for buildings that get replaced by UBs
AI guided missiles will lean towards destroying resource-producing tiles as opposed to improvements like Towns
Damaged AI attack planes may choose to continue attacking if no defending interceptors are around
Rivers running through deserts will result in floodplains
Start location tweaks per SevenSpirits
Workers not as lazy, per Bhruic's patch
Glance screen reactivated
AI will no longer settle Great People in cities that are in danger of being captured
AI will try to retreat air assets from endangered cities

Is there any change in K-Mod regarding this sort of situation?

I've noticed that sometimes the AI doesn't retreat sea units from cities under attack.

This behavior was (allegedly) fixed in solver's unnoficial patch:

Is there any change in K-Mod regarding this sort of situation?

That quote does not seem to support your conclusion that this was alleged to have been fixed in that patch. Anyway, yes, on a quick look into the code, it seems to me that karadoc did make changes to that behavior.

That quote does not seem to support your conclusion that this was alleged to have been fixed in that patch.

Let me extract the relevant parts of the quote:

AI plane/ship retreating logic when city is in danger extended to Forts
AI will try to retreat air assets from endangered cities

From: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=280790 (the 3.17 version of the unnoficial patch)

Anyway, yes, on a quick look into the code, it seems to me that karadoc did make changes to that behavior.

Cheers then. Perhaps it was an isolated instance of this thingy.

Let me extract the relevant parts of the quote:

From: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=280790 (the 3.17 version of the unnoficial patch)

Cheers then. Perhaps it was an isolated instance of this thingy.

I still don't see how what it says there supports your conclusion, unless you assume that sea and air units use all the same code, which they don't. Anyway, from what I've seen the code doesn't force units to leave endangered cities/forts, but has them consider it. That's something that can be tweaked based on feedback from attentive players such as yourself. So keep an eye on it. :)

Top Bottom