1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AI Ship Movement Behavior Question

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Better AI' started by Yxklyx, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Yxklyx

Yxklyx King

Does the AI move ships to coastal tiles for protection? If I were to remove the coastal protection usually given to a ship would the AI still move there for protection or is it smarter than that? I'm thinking of modding Submarines so that they are weaker in coastal tiles and I don't want to handicap the AI.

2. Fuyu

Fuyu Emperor

Ai units prefer to walk on terrain that boosts defence, that's independent from the actual terrain and will work even if you change around some of it. I don't know how negative defence values will work.. But more importantly, can you even do what you say you want to, giving different terrain defence values to specific units?

3. Yxklyx

Yxklyx King

Well, you CAN give different terrain attacks/defenses to specific units but I'm just going to set the bNoDefensiveBonus flag (so they won't get the +10% from coastal) and give them a +10% Attack/Defense in Ocean.

4. Fuyu

Fuyu Emperor

In that case it should work as expected.

5. LunarMongoose

LunarMongoose King

Ooh, that's a really good idea you have there, Yxklyx! :)