1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AI still disbanding workers

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Mercenary82, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Mercenary82

Mercenary82 King

I just noticed Arabia and Mongols do this in RFCW 1.09. might explain why the AI usually sucks with those civs.

2. Zetetic Apparat

Zetetic Apparat Warlord

Mongolia sucks? I've rarely see it not completely trounce and then retain China.

3. REDY

REDY Duty Caller

Man, Mongolia is usually 3rd or 4rd to time when USA started. Arabia is somewhere in middle obviously. But I saw in one game Mongols destroyed by China.

In fact, most civilizations which suck are Carthage, Rome, India, Aztecs, Maya, sometimes China and Russia

Anyways, its bad that AI destroying workers. Maybe they should started after 2 turns when all cities were created, but dont know

4. KrakenRouge

KrakenRouge Chieftain

What I find frustrating is not the AIs ability to conduct war, but the AIs ability to build up their own country.

Im in the 19th century and India still doesnt have roads connecting all of its cities or resources, the AI seems to care more about building a ton of weak military units more than building up infrastructure or thier cities.

While warfare is ok, this aspect of the game makes AI leaders less competitive in the aspect of building up thier nation, or of having strong culture, or even roads to connect thier cities. It makes it very unsatisfying to conquer a civ and then have to do what for hundreds of years their AI neglected to do.

5. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

I just tried to add them one turn later - it seems to be working

6. Mercenary82

Mercenary82 King

If workers are added one turn later now, can we have the numbers of workers increased again?

7. Surtur

Surtur Warlord

This is good news! :)

Yes, please. The workers are badly needed for late civs to catch up.

8. thenooblet22

thenooblet22 King

I hope this isn't a big trouble, but could you make it that workers spawn when the capital city is founded? If not, 1 turn later will do.