1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

AI Still not repairing Spaceports?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Graethyenne, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Graethyenne

Graethyenne Chieftain

Hey Folks,

Played seriously again for the first time in a while (heard about France's summer boost and wanted it give it a whirl).

Anyhow, things were looking grim, but I started blowing up spaceports and managed to squeak out a space victory. As far as I could tell though neither of the empires that had been space racing repaired any of their destroyed ports. Is that still a thing?

Thanks,

Graethynne

2. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Chieftain

Unfortunately yes, though I see them repair one on rare occasions.

3. TomKQT

TomKQT Chieftain

I certainly had to destroy some spaceports more than once.
    Spaceports take long time to build and probably also to repair? (I've never had to repair mine so I don't know.) Maybe the problem is just in the fact that it takes such long time so it seems they are not doing it at all?

4. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Chieftain

My experience is that they rather build new ones than repair one. I regulary see them build more than three and there is really little point to that.

5. TomKQT

TomKQT Chieftain

That's true, I saw one civ having 3 or 4. And I kept destroying them with my spies (had to catch up a HUGE tech handicap), so it could be related - "he disabled our spaceport, let's build another one in a different city".

6. kaspergm

kaspergm Chieftain

I don't think I've ever seen AI repair a spaceport. I have, however, seen them build 12 different space ports. After I destroyed all of them, they didn't seem to know what to do. Considering how fast they could build new ones, I doubt it was the cost of repairing the old ones that held them back.

TomKQT likes this.
  7. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Warlord

I've never seen them be repaired, even when the AI has no space left to build new ones.

8. Jackanape

Jackanape Chieftain

I've seen AI repair spaceports. In fact, in one game I recall, it was frustrating that, no matter how many I sabotaged, they'd either repair or build anew...I think I may have ended up losing that one by the proverbial nose...

9. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

I've seen them repair them in the past, but it's possible the most recent patch broke the fix. On Youtube/twitch games I've seen, the AI isn't repairing them.

10. Builderphile

Builderphile Chieftain

In my most recent game, the AI both repaired damaged Spaceports and built new ones. I had to consistently keep six spies in Sumeria territory to keep sabotaging. The AI was inconsistent in how quickly they carried out the repairs, however.

11. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

Yes, they do repair them. I specifically lost a game due to an AI repairing a spaceport. I was France and had been sabotaging Kongo's spaceports. While I was keeping a close eye on them, he repaired one and finished his last project before I could stop it.

12. Graethyenne

Graethyenne Chieftain

Interesting reportage, thanks everyone. I guess as long as the answer is "it depends" I can enjoy my recent victory (I mean I did blow up a lot of spaceports, so I'm pretty sure I would have lost if I hadn't).

Grae