AI strategy and APC

s3d

Warlord
Question for thouse who have APC in their mods. What box have you checked in AI strategy boxes ? Explore, defence, both or neither ? How AI handle APC with attack 0 ? What kinde of units it hauling in it, and for what porpose ?

I wonder too. Please answer!

If I remember correctly, Dark Sheer brought up something similar with regards to his Truck unit. I believe he said he checked the Defense AI box, and the AI used it to transport units with a lower Defense Rating than the truck (specifically Settlers). It's probably in the thread for his Truck animation, if you want to check it out. Hope this helps.

That would certainly work fine for APCs, which should have greater defense rade than any other ground unit. I am going to try changing the Mech Inf to an APC, having a rather low attack rating and being able to carry at least one foot unit.

I am also thinking of adding horse and truck convoys. I know that they will work fine for a human player, but will the AI use them?

Well that (Mech Inf as APC) is an interesting idea. Please post here what you got from it. I'm testing pack with high-defence apc right now, but still havn't got to industrial age (every time finding disbalances in middle ages and starting again :confused: )

I checked :( Not only AI isn't building APC, but if forced to build them in multi..sav it disband them as soon as they are ready...

Top Bottom