AI "strategy".

Nilmerf

Warlord
I love this game, but as one gets better they can't help but notice how poorly the AI is at strategy, no matter the difficulty level.

There really is no diversity in the AIs. Sure, they have different personalities, i.e. Isabella loves religion.. but just once I'd love to see Gandhi pump out great artists and cathedrals for a cultural win, or Ragnar and Hannibal clashing together in an epic struggle for control of the seas. It's all cookie cutter stuff, load a ridiculous amount of archers in their cities and fumble around for a space race victory.

In my last game, on MONARCH difficulty, Ramesses was alone on a continent, and adopted Theocracy despite not having any religion in any of his cities. By the time I reached him I (obviously) couldn't spread any religion to his cities (which would have helped him), and he refused to switch to another civic because Theocracy is his favourite. Smart.

Firaxis should take note of what Stardock is doing with Galactic Civilizations II (Civ IV plus that AI would make the perfect game), or even some of the modders here and at Apolyton.

Figured it out, Yay! I would just delete this post, but it's not an option.

Zebra 9 said:
I to would like the AI to play with some diversity.

yah, if only it knew how to try and win anything other than a space race... or realised that you were trying to win another way and had a go at stopping you...

I just won a cultural with only a warrior in each of the three cities; if it was smart enough it could have razed one without me be able to do sweet FA about it...

IdiotWind said:
yah, if only it knew how to try and win anything other than a space race... or realised that you were trying to win another way and had a go at stopping you...

I just won a cultural with only a warrior in each of the three cities; if it was smart enough it could have razed one without me be able to do sweet FA about it...

Well Only let the Causious or worse Relationship AIs try to prevent you fro Pleased or Worse Relations. You Wouldn't Want a Friendly Long term Ally AI suddenly back Stab for no Reason Either then Stop you from winning would you?

Especially Diplomatic, Their your Friendly Ally and most likely to Vote for you and 1 turn beofre the vote, they suddenly declare war on you for no reason and abstain from the vote because of the war. That'd just be silly.

Top Bottom