1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AI units firing AFTER moving

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Xoon, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Xoon

Xoon Warlord

So I sort of dismissed this in previous games as being a strange isolated incidents, but since it just happened with back to back different type units (crossbow and catapult) I figured I'd ask.

Why can the computer fire after moving? They moved a crossbowman onto a jungle hill (no road) and he fired. Then their catapult moved 2 road spaces and fired at my city. What gives? Is this a difficulty issue (Immortal)? Or is it a special ability I can get somehow. They were Denmark and neither had any upgrades.

2. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

Great General near?

3. Xoon

Xoon Warlord

I haven't seen one, and they were pretty far into my territory, so I doubt it. But I suppose one could have been hidden just out of sight. Is there a retirement power that grants that? Because maybe they had a general and retired him?

4. Bitterman

Bitterman Warlord

Siege units have an upgrade that allows them to fire the same turn they moved, but AI rarely reach that. Besides that the only thing that can enable them to do this is a Great General.

Also you said Denmark. Is this a modded civ or are you playing a secenario? This may have special rules.

5. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

When the general gives an extra movement point it breaks the no fire after moving rule. Same with logistics. Crossbowmen can always fire if they have movement left.

6. Gilgameshuggah

Gilgameshuggah Chieftain

There are also bugs. I had a crossbowman unit stuck with one extra movement. Even after being upgraded to a machine gun, it still could move 3 steps each turn.

7. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

GG is most likely but speaking of immortals... could the civ have been Persia not Denmark, I guess you were specific. The AI is pretty good at holding the GG back a bit. The Logistics card would not help them in your territory..
    Next time it happens, copy your combat.csv log and post and can validate the GG bit.... or if you can shoot/attack the unit it will show if a GG is close enough.

8. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

What civ were they playing? Perhaps Persia after declaring suprise war or India/Chandra with war of territorial expansion? +2 movement from those abilities should be enough to allow this.

9. Deggial

Deggial Emperor

Or the Matterhorn buff?
    Ease of movement on hills and no visible promotion would fit.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  10. Victoria

Trouble is the xbow moved onto Jungle hills and then fired. That's 3 MP without hills.

11. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

Well, Supply Convoy will also do the trick but since we're talking about Crossbowmen and Catapults I assumed it was still early game.

Bitterman likes this.
  12. Bitterman

Bitterman Warlord

True.

So much time since I don't use supply convoy I had already forgotten. Also the Logistics someone mentioned too.

13. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Late game I love the card that gives +1 movement in enemy territory, really comes in handy for late game conquest. Of course that's far after the crossbowman era mentioned in the OP.

14. Karmah

Karmah Emperor Supporter

Denmark does not have disembark shenanigans anymore? I haven't played them in years

15. Victoria

The example given was an X-Box moving onto a 3 MP tile and then firing outside of home territory.

16. konokono

konokono Chieftain

Could it have been a visual bug I wonder? Maybe the cross bow was already on the tile