AI use more Nukes in BTS than previosly???

Rule Brittania

SAFC Supporter
I was playing a game with Gilgamesh and Willem of Oranje and the dutch declared war on me, so i got my fleet ready to invade them, and as i was blockading them, when suddenly gilgamesh, who had previosly been friendly with willem, declared war on him. now i didn't find this odd becuase although willem was top on score he had a pathetic excuse for a army(had to say tht):D . but i was quite suprised when gilgamesh nuked willem 10 times on one turn, mainly becuase people had always talked on here about how the AI didn't very often build nuclear weapons, or use them. I did have aggresive AI turned on i guess this could be to do with tweaks to the AI that they did for the expansion. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thing is i don't really want a game were that many nukes are used, but i do want frequent wars becuase they r my fav bit, so i always play with aggresive AI on, if i was to turn it off, will there b frequent wars but less use of nukes?

Maybe, but in all my games on bts that have lasted into the Nuclear era, the civs have gone nuke mad. And I got so tired of the ******ed Global Warming BS that I moded my game to have it occur less often, but instead of turning everything into desert, the oceans rise.

How do you mod Global Warming to happen less often?

So...You can use but they can't?

You don't like the AI nuking because of the power or the Global warming?
Hum, I admit that I think I did misunderstood your replies at first. And I am sorry if I did.

Anyway, why no Global warming? Shouldn't you have at least a bit? Nuke is a very strong weapon without it...no?

Problem with global warming is its just far to broken

It never stops, 1 nuke and you constantly have land turn to sand :sad:

Also AI loves nukes, tactical anyway
They seem to use nukes at the start of wars

You don't like the AI nuking because of the power or the Global warming?
Hum, I admit that I think I did misunderstood your replies at first. And I am sorry if I did.

Anyway, why no Global warming? Shouldn't you have at least a bit? Nuke is a very strong weapon without it...no?

Global warming is so broken in the game, it is rediculous. If anything, nuclear fallout shouldnt be able to be cleared, and cause nuclear winter. That would be a better restraint on usuing them. Nukes causing global warming... no way. But as i said, now, the terrain changes to coast, making it appear like the seas are raising.

Global warming is so broken in the game, it is rediculous. If anything, nuclear fallout shouldnt be able to be cleared, and cause nuclear winter. That would be a better restraint on usuing them. Nukes causing global warming... no way. But as i said, now, the terrain changes to coast, making it appear like the seas are raising.

Maybe they are..
But why is this mechanism bad?
I mean, it is unrealistic, but isn't it balancing the player's(at least, I don't know about the AI though) usage of nukes?

I've played a LOT (understatement) of games of cIV and have NEVER, not once, not ever seen an AI use a nuke. EVER.

That is still the case in BtS.

^How is that possible?...my games I never touch em yet the AI seems obsessed with them. I haven't played enough of BTS yet to say it's as bad as previous versions but I have already seen them used a decent amount by the AI. I don't get how that would be even be possible for them to show up a lot in one persons games and just never in yours.

Futurehermit said:
I've played a LOT (understatement) of games of cIV and have NEVER, not once, not ever seen an AI use a nuke. EVER.

I have seen the AI use a few nukes since BtS came out, mostly in cases where it was ludicrously overkill (e.g. nuking a tiny civ that was still in the middle ages).

Hmm quick theory...

Do those of you who see a lot of nukes play with diplomatic victory off and vice versa?

Well, I've seen the AI use nukes, on me and other AI civs, with all victory conditions enabled. It is interesting how much the AI takes diplomatic consequences into "consideration" when nuking.
And they do seem to love the Bomb.
I find the current global warming effects annoying, maybe a bit more then they should be for the innocent bystander civs.

I keep diplomatic victory on, but I rarely ban nukes. With the AI's habit in BtS of sending stacks of literally hundreds of units (particularly ships) I find them too handy a tool to give up. Some times I get enough of a lead that I can build more nukes than I'll ever be able to use before anyone gets them, and then I ban them.

I might see half a dozen AI nukes at the absolute maximum in a long game. I've never actually had one fired at me, as I'm careful about the nuclear capabilities of my enemies, but AI-AI exchanges aren't that unusual.

Same here, not once.

After winning Space Race I decided to have my revenge on Zara Yaqob for being a general pain by unloading my nuclear arsenal on him. What I was then surprised at was when he fired his own nukes at me.

Top Bottom