AI wanting to prolong peace treaty - anyone ever seen that?

Last night I ahd a nice pop-up, 20 turns after making peace withe the English. Liz came up: "This treaty is about to expire. For the prosperity of our respective.. (blablabla) we would like the prolong it!"
Peace treaty ............... Peace treaty

This treaty will last for 20 turns or until war is declared.

never seen time limits on peace before!

Anyone????

That always happens after you've made a peace deal and got some gold/turn in the deal. After the 20 turns, the AI renegotiates so they don't have to pay anymore. When there's no money involved there's no need for renegotiation.

Oh, OK, that may be true.... Shows how unfair I am - when I demand gold/turn the other guy never enjoys 20 turns of peace afterwards......... :D

but here i think it was for tech, not gold in the first place :confused:

Doesn´t matter Killer,whatever the AI or you (probably too) had attached to the peace treaty they will prolly want to get rid of it. So it´s always open for debate after 20 turns,bad thing is they won´t give in paying more tribute,will rather go to war again.

Originally posted by Dirk Aurel
Doesn´t matter Killer,whatever the AI or you (probably too) had attached to the peace treaty they will prolly want to get rid of it. So it´s always open for debate after 20 turns,bad thing is they won´t give in paying more tribute,will rather go to war again.

Ouch, didn`t know I was so bad a guy....... never actually realized, but this means that I never honored a peace treaty for 20 turns, when I`d been extorting something (or the other guy attacked first...)

Yep,seems like it. :D

Peace Treaties with so many strings attached are more a pause of the war,than the end of it anyway.Had a funny Greek Civ,they had about 20 cities left,they used to have more than a hundred, they were losing city after city,in the last peace proposal I told ´em I would accept a peace if they gave me all their cities,hehe and they agreed,so got 20 cities except for their capital San Francisco. Saved me a lot of time conquering them,all came with one Mech Inf per city as protection,the residents became my nationality, next turn I overran their capital...nono haven´t yet,but am thinking about it ;)

Will do it when the 20 turns have passed :p

BTW the trade system works same way,they will always want to renegotiate after 20 turns,if you gave a world map or something instead of gold p/t,since what you gave first time has lost it´s value,not even the daftest Civ will trade their valuebale gems twice for your world map.

I haven't found a way to negotiate in this screen though. You simply have to accept a straight up peace treaty or declare war.

Happened once, against Babylonians. I did not give it any thought then, since I wanted peace at that time, but I had negotiated gold p/t initially. Did not try to re-negotiate, just accepted peace.

When you really have a civ whipped, after 20 turns you can go to the active trades and renegotiate peace. You can squeeze a few gold out of them, but they'll be pretty broke anyway.

Sorry if somebody said this already, I didn't read the thread closely.

I tried to test it yesterday, but, well, I needed a leader badly, and, well, you see, there was this stack of elite knights, well, and so........ I attacked with only 1 turn left in the treaty :cry:

I just can`t be peacefull :cry: :cry: :cry:

Top Bottom