AI war eagerness

GeHe

Chieftain
Given the following scenario:

I am the master of one or more vassal states. If I choose to dow on one of the other AIs, will my vassals drop everything they're doing and start pumping out units, and will the leader dow'ed by me be more pissed at me or equally pissed at me and all my vassals?

I know if I'm asked to join in on a war against someone living on the opposite side of the map, I'm happy to accept (given the diplo-situation are favourable) but keep my forces safely within my borders.

I generally find that asking/bribing/paying any civ to declare war is pretty futile. A few games ago I was steam rolling the map, was at friendly with two civs in same religion and Isabella was Annoyed with me being in a different religion. :eek:

So, just so that I could get on with a bit more building, (I'm a builder, only war when I have ran out of room) I paid them both to go on a holy crusade against her. They both had to pass through my land to get to her, never saw a single unit of theirs!! Some allies they turned out to be.

Their actions depend on the circumstances, whether they think they can gain land, whether they already have excesses of troops, what the relative strength of armies is, and some in overall willingness to go military. It also depends on how much you hurt their economy and troop count while getting them to capitulate. If they are voluntary vassals, they are usually doing it so they can focus on economy while you provide military protection. As such, they may not be much help. This may not be a problem if you consider the alternative I have run into now and then, racing my SOD against allied SOD's towards that enemy city seeing who gets the juicy prize.

Most often, I find that getting AIs to declare war on a target of your choice is really not a DoW, but rather a DoWiNO: Declaration of War in Name Only. :D

I generally find that asking/bribing/paying any civ to declare war is pretty futile. A few games ago I was steam rolling the map, was at friendly with two civs in same religion and Isabella was Annoyed with me being in a different religion. :eek:

So, just so that I could get on with a bit more building, (I'm a builder, only war when I have ran out of room) I paid them both to go on a holy crusade against her. They both had to pass through my land to get to her, never saw a single unit of theirs!! Some allies they turned out to be.

try bribing the warmonger AI. They will actually sent troops a real SoD.

@GeHe

All of your vassals will declare war which means that all of your vassals will get the negative diplo effects for the declaration of war plus the negative diplo effect for being at war with the target AI. So the Target AI will have a reduction in relations with all of your vassals but it does not mean that the target AI will have the same relations with you and your vassals (could have different relations due to previous actions plus due to shared religion/civics).

Top Bottom