AI war rationale

greetswithfire

Chieftain
does anyone know the specific factors the AI considers when invading or when fighting a war?

here is an examples: was playing as the mongols and fighting suleiman and japan...had a bunch of keshiks some crossbowmen some trebs and a single scout to take cities..war was going great because keshiks are unbelievable

- suleiman and me were allied for a quite a while before he turned aggressive and started recklessly expanding into my territory
- i captured several of these forward cities and had managed to make peace with his CS allies...at this point i had made progress to the point of being one large city capture away from his capital

at this point i wasnt looking to go full out war as my army wasnt quite large enough to steamroll through but here are my questions

1. how dependant are peace terms on army size
2. do city state allies or friendships influence AI war decisions
3. does type or number of cities captured or puppeted influence peace terms
4. obviously your cities defences influence where the AI will focus his invasion but will the AI continue to attack if it makes the calculation that it will eventually have enough forces to capture a city? (production factors, standing army etc) or is the calculation made turn by turn
5. is there any hope of peace if you have a warmongering neighbour as an AI or should you constantly be expecting war once you meet them

a solid strategy i employ is that even on deity it doesnt take much to convince an even neutral AI to declare war on an aggressive AI which takes the heat off you and usually leads to nice peace terms

this is on deity

Top Bottom