AI wigged out?

Tamed

Warlord
Last night, Askia declared war on me. Uh-oh I thought, I'm not fortified at all. He brings in a horseman and an archer, and I annihilate them with one archer in my border city. I move the horseman into his lands and pillage a marble and a trading post. I figure at this point, maybe he'll make peace since it's been 10 turns.

So I try to make peace with him, and he instead of just offering me peace gives me three cities, two resources, and 135 gold. I only killed two of his units and pillaged two tiles, what the heck? :eek:

Who says there's no human aspect to the diplomacy in Civ V? It's just a cocaine-snorting human aspect...

Hahaha, true. It's just odd that Askia was so forthright in giving me so many things! For example, when I was at war with Wu Zeitan I took her main city and all she was willing to give me was 75g.

Supposedly the update (to 1.0.0.17) adjusts the peace offerings so they might not give you everything.

Well what I did not like about the AI is that it gets messed up about its long term plans if it is isolated.

In my first game(and I wont it via Space ship :king: ) I discovered the Sioux pretty late around 1850 .Since I am playing on epic I was a bit advanced for my age getting close to the last era.Anyways I went to scout with my 3 leftover infanry units to check for nearby Russian citys(the bad girl owned an entire continent and tryed to invate+settle on my island) and suddnely I find this isolated civ that is still in MEDEVAL age.

Ok well we have seen that happening in Civ4 and 3 as well but wait there is a twist to the story.

That guy had !!15!! citys and 3 citystates to boost him up. SRSLY?!

The other beef that I have with the AI is that it had poor decision making when attacking city states.See city states are made so that they tech evenly with the best 2 civs research wise.So if I have tanks you can bet they can make them too.That being said my Suleiman buddy (before I wiped him out) attacked Buchorest(a military city state) with knights and some weird musket men and a tribushet the 4 infantry units + a 48 defence city. Again SRSLY!?

The last but not least problem I have with the AI is that if you have a militaristic civ with 2-3 other non agressive AI civs around it you can bet 100 bucks that the militaristic civ will EAT THEM ALIVE.

In my case Catherine here owned ghandi and Darius for breakfast.But when she did and dominated he continent she stoped doing ANYTHING else but try and create as many citys she can while completly screwing her science and economy.

Ok in the end I was hardpressed to keep her of my island but in Civ 4 if you have a 30+ city agressor you can bet he will either come knocking on your door with a huge ball of units or will eat you science/culture wise.

So yeah if you play on the weakspots of the AIs you can easly own them.

I hope that on the higher difficulties this will not be the case.(I played on prince btw)

I had an enemy declare war on me who only had archers. They surrounded a city, got it to one health, then just stood there because they can't melee attack. I simply walked around his units and took his cities. The AI seams full of bugs.

I had a similar experince yesterday while playing standard size map on prince. I went to war with Washington in 800 AD and took his capitol and an other city. Then I asked for peace and he offer me everything he had. every resources, gold coin and all of his 8 cities. I hope there will be a fix for this because it kinda ruins the fun, it feels like cheating.

No one else has experienced something like this?

I haven't had a peace offering like that but others have. Even when I'm bombarding the enemy capital the AI doesn't seem to want to make any concessions beyond a Peace Treaty.

However, I've received ridiculously one-sided trades in my favor, such as 750 gold to provide the Japanese with Fur.

I can tell you that the patch sadly did not fix this issue at all.

I just had a war where I lost one distant city after a long struggle. I then asked what it would take for a peace deal. Sure enough he offers me the city he just conquered and 4 other cities + gold.
I imagine that the AI calculates how many units he lost compared to me and thought it was a reasonable offer.

I just quit the game totally dissapointed in the AI.

I can tell you that the patch sadly did not fix this issue at all.

I just had a war where I lost one distant city after a long struggle. I then asked what it would take for a peace deal. Sure enough he offers me the city he just conquered and 4 other cities + gold.
I imagine that the AI calculates how many units he lost compared to me and thought it was a reasonable offer.

I just quit the game totally dissapointed in the AI.

Seems after some reading that any game started before 7ish PST last night doesn't have these fixes -- need to start a new game.

Top Bottom