AI wont settle on New World (continent)

NKVD

Cossack
I played 3 times a custom game with the Earth v2 map generator that allow us to make new worlds. The AIs didnt settle in any of the 3 game before i won the game. I'm usually taking all the new continent to myself with those 10 big hammers cities. Why? is it because there is no real advantage because of the cost of founding a city far from capitol or what?

playing warlords

I played 3 times a custom game with the Earth v2 map generator that allow us to make new worlds. The AIs didnt settle in any of the 3 game before i won the game. I'm usually taking all the new continent to myself with those 10 big hammers cities. Why? is it because there is no real advantage because of the cost of founding a city far from capitol or what?

playing warlords

What settings are you playing on? If the AI is too weak, you might just be settling on the New World long before anyone else, grabbing all the good locations and getting a victory before the AI can even begin to catch up.

Also, happy Leet post. :cheers:

Post 1337, alright.

The AI doesn't know there is a new world. Humans select it and so can settle it, but the AI is unaware.

Post 1337, alright.

The AI doesn't know there is a new world. Humans select it and so can settle it, but the AI is unaware.

Well isn't the AI still supposed to go exploring the ocean when it's able, and when it finds land, shouldn't it actually send a settler? Granted the AI doesn't know of the other continent's existence at the start of the game, but that alone doesn't explain why the AI doesn't settle on it at all.

Dude! That was your 1337 post! You should know this!!

here is my 1334...so i lose my LEET title.

I'm playing on Noble. sure always winning by conquest but i dont feel like giving an edge to an AI with % and free stuff. I feel an AI should beat me with skills not free techs and free settlers.

plus caravels of other AIs are always sailing on the coast of the continent when I only have 2-3 cities. Plus they have settler, astronomy and galleon waiting in their cities (i see them when I have vassals or conquer them) It seems they wait to settle in culture gap when a city fall to my hand and by ''fission tech'' I usually occupy all the good land on the new world leaving still a lot i dont want.

But it costs a lot to found a city on a new world maybe 20 gold of maintenance so i'm thinking maybe they think its not worth it. Like i said maybe not right now but by fission i could lose all my cities on the Old Continent and still win with the cities on the New World...a bit like USA and Britain...

I played on the Terra map (standard size, Noble, medium sea level, temperate) and they almost never settled on the New World. The only time I saw them do it, was after I had cleaned out a lot of the barbies and taken one of their cities.

Of course I had to culture flip 'em, hey, it's MY new continent! :assimilate:

here is my 1334...so i lose my LEET title.

I'm playing on Noble. sure always winning by conquest but i dont feel like giving an edge to an AI with % and free stuff. I feel an AI should beat me with skills not free techs and free settlers.

Well that's just not going to happen. If you can beat the AI most of the time on Noble, then move up a level. The satisfaction you get from winning at a disadvantage is worth putting your idealism on hold.

Well that's just not going to happen. If you can beat the AI most of the time on Noble, then move up a level. The satisfaction you get from winning at a disadvantage is worth putting your idealism on hold.

what are the differences between noble and the level above?

I think Noble is the most balanced level, so the one above is more difficult. I don't know the specifics, though...

plus i always play without tech trading...would that be easier or catch up with AIs or more difficult

?
I'm sorry, but I didn't really understand your post. Are you asking if enabling tech trading lets you catch up to AIs more easily? If so, then yes it is.

well first i play with warlords so i have not access to tech brokering...

second i play without tech trading...i'm sure it would be very difficult even more because as I read it seems the only way to get high in level is to research a tech no one is researching and sell it to all other AIs...

what are the differences between noble and the level above?

edit: uops, didn't notice you play warlords. This is for BTS:

Noble:

Base bonuses:
+2 health
+4 happy
8 free units
–1 AI attitude

Hut results:
20%  low gold
15%  high gold
10%  Warrior, technology, exp., maps
5%  Scout, healing