AI worker building too many roads?

Arlborn

Legendary Noob
I don't know if their workers always sucked that way and I've never seen it or this strange behavior was introduced in one of the versions, but the AI is acting really strange in my last game! Their workers don't stop building roads! What is worse, they are making big groups of workers and sending in a road making from one city to another, through neutral lands WITHOUT a military unit protecting them! I've seen up to 10 workers like that! So easy to just declare war and get tons of free workers if I wanted, seriously. And they are stopping to improve land only to make roads!

Check some screens:

I just got the maps of all the leaders so I know this is recent and/or used WB because the game was too easy and I am probably giving up on this one anyway. Too many unimproved tiles, specially with so many workers!

Now look this from another game, those are barbarians!!!! What the...?

I've seen it another times, just didn't take a screen! Is it sub product from a map that is "too" big? But even then it shouldn't happen!

Is it only happening with BetterAI? If yes, it should be fix, if not, well, it should be improved obviously!

Bummer, it should be changed!

But one thing I noted is, the AI is conquering more barbarian cities since the last patch(where he introduced extra units would go around searching for barbarian cities(and it actually works it seems, I've seen many an odd swordman+archer(or other combination) from an AI just walking around) but some of those cities, specially in a big map like mine, are far from the core of their city. It seems this is making the workers of the AI go crazy, making huge roads to connect that city with unprotected workers in neutral lands...

Yeah, I think it only makes sense for an AI to try to get a barb city in the first place if it's either relatively close by or has an important resource, or possibly to deny it to a rival.

Top Bottom