Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ravensfire

Member of the Opposition
Citizens,

This amendment begins our shift from a government for a small nation to one equiped to handle our future growth and expansion. Our Elders become Governors, and control Aimags containing multiple cities. It also clarifies worker allocations.

Discussion has been in this thread

Do you approve of this Initiative?
Yes - You approve of this initiative
No - You do not approve of this initiative
Abstain - You have no preference

Aimag Amendment to the Tribal Government Act of 4000 BC

Purpose:
As our Nation continues to grow and develop, we need to better organize and plan the guidance and care of our cities. Accordingly, with this Amendment we eliminate the position of Elder, and create the new position of Governor. Our cities will be organized in to Aimags, each one under the control of a Governor.

Section 1:
The fourth paragraph in the Tribal Government Act of 4000BC is hereby stricken and removed. Specifically, this paragraph created the office Elder, and defined the duties of the Elders.

Section 2:
The following paragraphs are to be placed after the 3rd paragraph.

Each city will belong to a Aimag which is run by a Governor. The governor will have control of all cities within their Aimag. Governors also assign tasks to the Workers allocated to their Aimag.

All cities will belong to an Aimag. The Governors will decide amongst each other which Aimag control all new and/or captured/flipped cities. Governors may also reallocate cities if all Governors affected accept the reallocation. Aimags will be created or removed by Initiative, which must identify any affected cities, and what Aimag will control them.

All Governors belong to the Khural, to help better coordinate and plan the activities of the Governors.

Section 3:
The following sentence is to be added to the paragraph detailing the duties of the Governor.

Workers will be allocated each game session to each Aimag by the Chieftain, to perform tasks as instructed by that Governor. The Chieftain may only issue worker instructions for National projects.

Section 4:
Upon adoption of this act, an Aimag will be created for each city that we currently control, containing only that city. The current Elder of that city will be made the Governor of that Aimag.

Settings:
Private poll
Single choice
Poll expiration: 3 days

Interpretation: If there are more Yes votes than No votes at the close of the poll, the initiative is accepted.

-- Ravensfire

Workers are there for cities.

This amendment puts each city and its worker under same command.

It is a good move. I shall vote yes.

Best regards,

one question....how would term limits effect this. If Elder is no longer could you be governor of the same city for another 2 terms?

one question....how would term limits effect this. If Elder is no longer could you be governor of the same city for another 2 terms?
Good question for the Judiciary!

-- Ravensfire

My personal opinion on that is because the Governors are created from the Elders, and are in effect a continuation of that office onto a larger scale that a person having already served two terms would still be limited, but I'm not a judge.

Each city will belong to a Aimag which is run by a Governor. . . .

All cities will belong to an Aimag.

Why the redundency? It's just a nit, but the 2nd one could be misinterpreted to say they all belong to the same Aimag, contrary to what the rest says. I wouldn't expect many (even any) citizens to trip over this, but could envision someone deciding to challenge it for grins.

I do not see the need for this now but certainly might be helpful later so i will vote yes! :)

I voted Yes.

However, I would like to see some sort of plan for transitioning to the new system. How will the Aimags be divided up (ie. how many, and what exactly are the borders)? How will we decide what Elders stay to become governors, and what Elders get the boot due to less Aimags then cities?

It might be easiest to decide on the Aimags borders over the course of this term, but maintain the Elder system until the next election when we will vote on Governor positions.

However, I would like to see some sort of plan for transitioning to the new system. How will the Aimags be divided up (ie. how many, and what exactly are the borders)? How will we decide what Elders stay to become governors, and what Elders get the boot due to less Aimags then cities?

Initiative said:
Section 4:
Upon adoption of this act, an Aimag will be created for each city that we currently control, containing only that city. The current Elder of that city will be made the Governor of that Aimag.

So unless we gain or lose a city before this poll closes, if the poll passes we change the title of the current 4 Elders to Governor, and create 4 Aimags.

The Governors would then collectively gain the power to organize the Aimags.

So each Aimag will have 1 city to start out with? and will only gain more if there if we conquer or settle more cities near their city (to the extent the Governors agree to it)?

I foresee some messy and uneven Aimags in the future.

So each Aimag will have 1 city to start out with? and will only gain more if there if we conquer or settle more cities near their city (to the extent the Governors agree to it)?

I foresee some messy and uneven Aimags in the future.
And then we pass an initiative to redistribute the cities.

Problem solved using existing mechanisms, exactly as was planned.

-- Ravensfire

With 15 votes for acceptance, 2 votes against and 1 vote abstaining, the Aimag Amendment to the Tribal Government Act has passed!

We are moving away from our small beginnings, and taking the first steps to greatness!

-- Ravensfire

Top Bottom