1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Air attack animation on embarked units

Discussion in 'CivBE - Bug Reports' started by simcoast, Dec 11, 2014.

1. simcoast

simcoast Chieftain

I'm not sure if anyone is seeing this but this happens every single time:

Basically when using an air unit to attack an embarked unit (land unit embarked on water tile - not naval unit) the air unit will cycle through it's combat animation for around 5-7 cycles. When attacking land or naval targets, the combat animation will play properly once, but the excessive animation always occurs when attacking embarked naval units.
    The same issue also happens when the AI uses their air units to attack embarked units.

It's not a game breaker, but just incredibly annoying and I assume very easily fixed..
    Air attack animations already take a few seconds, however this issue causes a single attack to last for almost 20 seconds..

Anyone seeing this as well?

2. Alkyon

Alkyon Warlord

Yeah, I've seen it rather regularly myself. For some reason planes feel the need to strafe and bomb transports for 30-45 seconds. A similar bit of weirdness happens if an embarked unit tries to mount an amphibious attack, at least against a city. The embarked transport will just stare at the city it's attacking for several seconds, and then combat will just resolve.

3. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

That's an old Civ5 visual annoyance that apparently was never worth considering a "bug" and fixing so unfortunately it's unlikely to change :gripe: