Air defence

Samez

Emperor
I have alittle question about sam/flak:
If I have a unit wiht some AA capability and I mark it as cruise missile (i.e. destroy after attack) will this unit be destroyed when shooting down an attacking airplane? And how will it be handled if there is some building based airdefence?

If the building airdefence (i.e. SAM in the Conquests epic game) is the one attacking, nothing happens to the unit. I dunno about when your unit shoots up. Are you trying to d some sort of expendable SAM?

I have alittle question about sam/flak:
If I have a unit wiht some AA capability and I mark it as cruise missile (i.e. destroy after attack) will this unit be destroyed when shooting down an attacking airplane?

No. The cruise missile flag is used when attacking. The air defense value is a separate value. It wouldn't be used up.

d how will it be handled if there is some building based airdefence?

Like the sam missile battery building?

For buildings -as Takhisis said- nothing happens. The reason is, you can´t set the cruise missile flag to a building.

yeah that is obvious...
now I was just not sure if cm flag works when (aa) defending.
And how it would be treated if there is in adddition to the unit a building which has aa capacities,
so I wanted to know how the chance to shoot an attacking plane is calculated and if there is a seperation between unit airdef and building airdef. Cause airdefence just works as shot down/not shot down...

They each have a chance to shoot it down.

I'm not sure about the order, but they each have their own chance to blow them up.

The units with AA goes. (up to 4)
The Building with AA defense. (don't know about multiple stacked and their effects)
The Units with Air Superiority. (not sure on the exact mechanics either)

Top Bottom