Air Defense/Border Defense

tstowe

Chieftain
I have been reading up on Ground Based radar, AWAC's, J-STAR, satellite and other electronic surveillance means. I think that this angle to the game would add alot to the overall game play. Also the addition of "unmanned" surveillance aircraft. Positioning of both stationary and mobile ground based radar throughout your country would be a great add-on. The possibility of controlling the width of the radars cone in relationship to its range would allow several different options as well. Showing the cone's affected area of observation and the ability to instruct a radar to "pulse" operation to break up its signature. This would also allow more indepth aircraft missions such as EW, radar search and destroy, etc.

AWAC's could be given patrol routes along a border with either directional or a full 360 degree coverage to allow for electronic surveillance of cities, units, etc. Should air and ground radars hit the same target then I would given more accurate information as to its location, type, etc. Artillery, Air Defense, and Missile associated radars would be a great addition. This would also offer more targets plus require the Attacking country to be more cautious. Allowing more indepth defensive planning or offensive strategies. Diplomacy would be heightened as well by these additions, especially alliance capabilities towards supporting an invasion by means other than deploying troops.

Civilization is a great game and I would like more opportunity for tactical and strategical decisions. I think the Airspace boundaries is going to be an enormous addition to the game.

I don't know anything about programming a game, but I would like to see Civilization present a map that is more realistic. A map to scale, i.e. 1:5,000,000 which you can see in most Atlas books. That scale probably isn't feasible for a game, but computers are coming around to handle such detail. Terrain could be more of a tactical planning aid and actual unit capabilities would play a part.

I would appreciate all thoughts on this from everyone.

:hammer:
Thunderfall close this thread too!!!
:rolleyes:

Okay thats the second time I have seen you say TF should close a thread when its the Mods that usually end up doing it. So why should this thread by closed?

I think using radars would be pretty useful since they could remove more o f the fog of war. That would be really helpful because it would give you extra warning of an attack. I think there should be a futuristic water unit that could detect subs as well.

The map could be good if you could have more variaty when you change the size but I am not sure how well it would work.

Originally posted by Dell19
Okay thats the second time I have seen you say TF should close a thread when its the Mods that usually end up doing it. So why should this thread by closed?
Because a map scale of 1:500 000 that sound really ridiculeous to me.

Originally posted by tstowe
The map scale was just an example, not a request. Look at the intent of the message.
Pardon me for have done some :crazyeyes on your thread.
Me, I suggest that you can view the city screen during time that bomber lauch a bomb on the target( like on CNN with the green screen).:scan:

Top Bottom