1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Air Units / Ranged Units - Attacking Strategic Resources.

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by SkepticalSinner, Sep 28, 2010.

  1. SkepticalSinner

    SkepticalSinner Chieftain

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2010
    Messages:
    30
    One thing I absolutely miss is being able to destroy improvements using Air Power. (and with the addition of ranged units - they should have this option too)

    The way I see it, given Civ V's repair an improvement mechanic. A logical option would be to create "More turns to repair" the more powerful the attack. There could also be a % chance at successfully damaging it, or a combination of the two.

    I.e. A longbowman would have a 20% chance of causing 1 turn repair damage to a resource. Whereas a Stealth Bomber would have a 95% chance of causing 5 turns. etc.

    Or the more complex model:
    Longbowman attacks Improvement, 70% Chance no damage 25% 1 turn repair damage 5% chance 2 turn repair damage
    Stealth Bomber attacks Improvement 10% chance no damage 30% 3 turns, 40% turns, 20% 5 turns.

    (Just as an example)

    Interception units could decrease effectiveness.
     

Share This Page