Aircraft:Changing strength and range

Breadbox

Chieftain
So I would like to buff tacjet and its subsequent upgrades as I found them to be absolutely pitiful,making the control of the air pointless.

The only the problem is that I have precisely jack knowledge in modding at all:cry:
I think a change to combat strength and range should be relatively simple.(seem to be some kind of text edit)

Is there any kind soul willing to help?

You're right! It is a relatively simple process. My first step would be to take a look at Kael's modding guide for a quick start on how to install and open the tools you'll need! It also give a great overview of the .xml format that you will likely be exploring and writing!

http://kael.civfanatics.net/files/ModdersGuide.pdf

Once you have your tools ready, go explore the file the unit is actually based in! To give you a hint, the tacjet's gameplay info is in:
Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\assets\Gameplay\XML\Units\CivBEUnits.xml
See if you can figure out the properties you need to edit yourself!

Finally, you can use the same tools talked about in Kael's modding guide to publish your work to the steam workshop. It's a relatively simple process, but I'm certain there are other's who don't like how weak tacjets are and would love to download your mod!

The code is fairly straightforward, The file you want will be in the <YourCivBEDir\assets\GamePlay\XML\Units> folder, and in the Units.xml.

However take note it isnt called a TacJet within that file, but rather UNIT_AIR_FIGHTER, once youve found it you can just substitute in your modified combat strength and range values. Though do it as a mod, rather than hard changing the database files ;)

Thanks everyone,it has been quite helpful.
I'll try it out as soon as I find the time to do so:)

Code:
UPDATE Units
SET RangedCombat = 12
WHERE Type = 'UNIT_AIR_FIGHTER';

UPDATE UnitPerks
SET ExtraRangedCombatStrength = 8
WHERE Type = 'UNITPERK_AIR_FIGHTER_1';

If you want to do it via SQL. The former for the base unit; the latter is an example for the first upgrade of the "AIR_FIGHTER".

Top Bottom