1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Airdrome nerfed

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Lily_Lancer, Dec 13, 2018.

1. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Warlord

It could simply be to limit players' opportunities to exploit the AI's inability to defend against air attack. 4 bombers in an aerodrome is a more or less automatic city capture with any nearby melee units against every enemy city in range.

Of course, if that's the logic hangers will also need to be nerfed.

2. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Warlord

I've never seen Ai researching that deep into tech tree, so I guess this is nonsense for AI.

3. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

Modding out the requirement of an Aerodrome to build aircraft does have an impact. The AI does build more aircraft, but sadly still doesn't utilize them well, or at all...

Trav'ling Canuck likes this.
  4. Jaybe

Jaybe civus fanaticus Supporter

For speed players, sure. For role-play/sandbox play, AI bomber/fighter techs and units can happen for 1 or 2 civs in a huge-map game (with FearSunn's Airpower AI Fix mod).

5. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Warlord

I guess I'm a sandbox player, since I always do things not efficient, such as building wonders like Maracana, or trying to trigger Globalization eureka. But I still never see AI researching that deep.

6. Midgardsormr

Midgardsormr Chieftain

I actually managed to have an air battle recently. Wilhelmina deployed a Jet Fighter to protect an already-pillaged Spaceport. It happened to be next to a Modern Armor that I wanted to kill so I could pillage the Commercial Zone. I sent my Fighters in to soften it up ahead of some Mech Inf and had to contend with the defense. Still, I think that's the first time it's happened in some 500 hours of play. Though I only recently moved up to Deity and seldom saw the AI get to Lasers at Emperor, where I played for most of that time.

I also learned during that game that if you have an Encampment in the tile next to an enemy Aerodrome, you can bombard the planes on the ground.

7. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

I have no idea how to do that. It's the worst inspiration (maybe 4 sewers also pretty bad too)

8. isau

isau Warlord

I am hopeful the expansion fixes the AIs reluctance to use aircraft. This would drastically improve the game.

AriochIV and acluewithout like this.
  9. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Warlord

4 Sewers are not bad. In fact I always manage to trigger that. Valletta and 1600 faith is the best way to trigger, otherwise you have to research Sanitation early and chop beforehand. 800 prod for 686 culture is not bad actually.

Archon_Wing likes this.
  10. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Warlord Supporter

I just buy the sewers. I tend to have a lot of gold by that time and don't find any of the great people useful to spend it on anymore.

I'm probably getting to that point quite a few turns later than you are, though.

Archon_Wing likes this.
  11. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Warlord

Yes. You have neighborhood gold at that time so purchasing them with gold is a better choice. I think maybe I'm probably getting to that point quite a few turns later than you are, in fact.