Airport or "Space"-port for Orbital drops !

s0nny80y

Emperor
I hope the airport is reintroduced as some crazy portal that reaches destination drop here as a magnificent way to span the alien frontier by continuuing a supply of every produced thing brought up to speed into frontier outposts.

Have you ever seen a boeing 747 under construction at your local airport? :p

I did think the lack of airbases as a tile improvement in civ4/civ5 was bull. The lack of colonies in civ5 was also bull.

Does the spaceport replace the spaceport ? Or is there a spaceport for space travel and then a airport for local planetary transportation?

Let's settle for an Aerospace Complex, shall we? ;)

I agree. And here is my reasoning: if the game is going to address a multitude of planetary environments (read: atmosphere, or lack thereof), then I think "aerospace complex" would be the correct slang that would be adopted by people: on planets with atmospheres "airports" would probably be the correct term, whereas on planets lacking any significant atmospheres the "spaceport" term would be more applicable. However as people bleed back and forth between the various planets (and environments), then I think "aerospace" would become the universally accepted term.

D

An aerospace complex with capabilities of having both interplanetary transportation and spatial transportation.

An aerospace complex with capabilities of having both interplanetary transportation and spatial transportation.

My interpretation is that an aerospace complex would be a facility relevant to the gravity well of one planet only.

D

Does the spaceport replace the spaceport ? Or is there a spaceport for space travel and then a airport for local planetary transportation?

The only 'space' travel in Civ be is
-satellites moving to and from orbit
-warpgates

No 'regular' interplanetery travel

That would be like another final frontier since the spaceport focuses on spatial travel over interplanetary. Some videos show planetary activity. .. just a thought.

Top Bottom