AI's DoW broken when they have open borders from you?

ense7en

n7
I've noticed something a lot now that i exploit the sell-open-borders-to-AI all the time.

And it's so handy i actually prefer to keep my borders open now...

It seems that whenever the AI is setting up to declare war on me, they bring all their units inside my territory and surrounded the city(s) they are planning to attack. Sometimes they dance around positionally for another 5+ turns before they actually DoW.

Of course, it's generally pretty obvious when they are just passing a unit through, or actually planning a war, so it gives me a huge amount of extra time to prepare.

Not only is it obvious they are attacking, i then get another 5 or so turns to get my units into position or prepare them, since as soon as they declare, they get kicked out my territory, and have to come all the way back in.

Now i know the AI's war tactics are pretty bad (e.g, sending in ranged units at the front of the battle, etc), but this is just terrible.
It's like the AI actually doesn't know they will get booted back out of my territory before attacking me?

I imagine this is common knowledge to most, but to me it just seems horribly broken?

What even more broken is that the AI thinxs you have a weak military if they move through you're borders and they see only 1 pikeman but they dont see all the other units(rifleman) because they didn't explore that area and then dow me with pikeman wow!!!

But yeah its broken the AI just dows you if they have 1 unit more then you I had japan declare 5 times each time the peace threaty has expired bam

And he allways get trashed...

Under the previous major patch Bismark was possessed by Hitler. He'd DOW both me and the Persia in the middle of losing a war against the other. (That he started)

It's marginally better now; it seems that they are at least winning their other war if they DOW somebody else in the middle of it now, but really they need to place back in the Civ IV rule that if they are already in war mode against one major civ to not DOW someone else until the war ends.

...really they need to place back in the Civ IV rule that if they are already in war mode against one major civ to not DOW someone else until the war ends.

That wouldn't play well with the concept of the long-running phony war that seems popular in ciV.

They do like to have wars going at multiple fronts i've noticed. Seems a bit foolish, but it is the AI we're talking about. :crazyeye:

I usually try to stay out of wars initially, but the AI inevitably gets pissed off at me for some reason, which in turn results in me becoming determined to get revenge :p

That wouldn't play well with the concept of the long-running phony war that seems popular in ciV.

It would work perfectly the AI will less likly to denounce everyone because he will not be so much at war SO it easier to conduct diplomacy because the AI doesn't denounce everyone!!!!!!!

Top Bottom