AI's long march

EquinoxOmega

Scientist
I intended to go to war with my neighbour. He had a about 10 cities and most of them were located near my border but one city was quiet far away. It was a conquered Barbarian city and it was almost surround by an other AI. Between the territory of the other AI and my enemy were about 30 or more squares. I didn't want to send some of my troops all the way to this single city, so I asked the other AI to declare war on my enemy. I waited a few turn, but this city didn't fall. Finally I attacked my enemy and the war went as planed. Suddenly I saw a huge army of the other AI arriving in my newly conquered territory and heading towards the shrinking remains of enemy's territory.

Well, the AI was so stupid and sent about 20 units across the half world instead of conquering a city with is in the middle of their own territory! Finally I had to send an army to this city and take it by myself. I was a "little" angry :mad: on my stupid allied AI, so I conquered it too after slaughtering its invasion army when it was on its way back home.

I wonder why the AI somethimes behaves that stupid.

Thanks but I only have Civ4 Vanilla and there this option isn't available.

Well, it may have been well defended (but it doesn't sould like that) or in a very bad spot. Then with all possible variables on the A.I. your attacking including personality, it might make perfect sense to take the riches of the main lands of the other A.I.

yes, Civ 4 Vanilla 1.74,

but I have the German language version and due to my experience with other games it might be possible that some features are locked (because they are seen as too brutal or "inmoral" by the German "Voluntary Monitoring Organisation of Entertainment Software" USK. Although there is no similar censorship in Austria we suffer from it, because all German language versions are produced for the much larger market in Germany und then imported to Austria and English language versions are hard to get.

The city wasn't well defended (only 2 Longbowmen and 1 Warelefant) when I got there. The spot of the city wasn't bad(grasland and forest on the coast of a large inlandsea), but the main land was defenetly richer and the cities there were more developed.

They paid the price for their foolishness though.

"because they are seen as too brutal or "inmoral" by the German "Voluntary Monitoring Organisation of Entertainment Software" USK."

And people don't think we need to be worried about the US becoming more socialized.........

Top Bottom