AI's that always defy certain resolutions

Common Sensei

Warlord
As seen in this thread, Saladin seems to always defy a resolution for Free Religion.

Are there other leaders that have a certain resolution they will always flat out defy? I think Hatsepshut is similar to Saladin in this respect, as I've seen her defy Free Religion regularly as well.

Any resolution that would make a leader switch off thier 'prefered civic' will be defied, I think.

Any resolution that would make a leader switch off thier 'prefered civic' will be defied, I think.

True, but if you keep presenting it, most seem to relent and eventually just vote no instead of defying. I'm curious to see if there are leaders like Saladin which will stubbornly defy every single time to the point of wrecking their cities (as the linked thread illustrates).

In my current game, Washington flat out defies Universal Suffrage... he has defied it four times now.

I use it to my advantage though, as I know he will defy it. His Permalliance with Mali make them the other choice for Secretary General, so every other resolution, I throw U-Suf on the table, and he defies it the vote just before the Secretary election
Then next election he is a voting member and his name is removed from the ballot, leaving myself the only contender.

So anyways, it looks like washington frowns upon universal suffrage.

Also, why does everyone vote NO for open markets? Im the only one who votes yes on this. Before BTS this used to always pass for me, now it seems to be the plague. Does it give permanent open borders now (or something?)
I dont remember it doing that in previous Civ4s

Yea, I thought I remembered that as well, so I had checked his favorite and it is now free speech, which is not even the same category.

So this may just be something in THIS game only. Currently he is running hereditary rule (seemingly to combat the un-happiness of defying resolutions)
He defies resolution cause then he couldnt run hereditary rule (in order to combat unhappiness of defying resolutions) Crud, he doesnt deserve to be Secretary General..

Catherine keeps defying Free Religion :blush:

I think Cathy was just angry at me because I was at war and her AP was captured and she never got to use it for a resolution :lol:

I use it to my advantage though, as I know he will defy it. His Permalliance with Mali make them the other choice for Secretary General, so every other resolution, I throw U-Suf on the table, and he defies it the vote just before the Secretary election
Then next election he is a voting member and his name is removed from the ballot, leaving myself the only contender.

brilliant!

Yea, I thought I remembered that as well, so I had checked his favorite and it is now free speech, which is not even the same category.

washington used to get completely confused about civics in warlords. i remember one game where i really wanted him to be in free speech, his own favorite civic in that version mind you, so that he'd sign a DP. i was testing whether i could get 7 DPs, out of the remaining 8 civs other than myself.

the trade window "adopt free speech" was often redlined as "that would go against everything we stand for". dude, it's your favorite civic, haven't you read the civilopedia? sometimes it would be an option, i'd bribe him, and then he'd switch back to bureaucracy 5 turns later. he was driving me nuts.

so then what happens? hatty builds the UN, washington gets elected SG, and the very first vote he picks is for Free Speech. he voted yes, but it didn't pass. and he didn't change to FS. what is it with this guy, he wants to only use his own favorite if he can force everybody else to as well??? bah! he did eventually see the light, and sign a DP, and then i had to and sign DPs with everybody else in exactly the right order but i did get my 7, to see how mad that would make the one that was left out *giggle*

i had the same frustrating "use your own favorite civic already!!!" experience with him in another game too. what a nutcase.

Ole Washington is very adamant over keeping Hereditary Rule. He has crushed his economy, starved his people and lost the race for tech over this.. Now he lost his seat on the UN and no longer is a contender as the Incans have passed him up.

Here is a small city I snapped a shot of. His bigger cities are even worse.

Attachments

• Washington.jpg
    Washington.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 144
Top Bottom