1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AI's you must eliminate/cripple at all costs upon meeting them

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Theruss, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Theruss

Theruss Warlord

Hiawatha and Pocatello come to mind with their obnoxious non-stop expansion.

I am also going to put Sejong in that category. Left unchecked, his science output is ridiculous and he just runs away with the game... :cry:

What other Civs are really bothersome/competitive for us Civ players?

2. Evie94

Evie94 Warlord

Poland for me

3. ixias

ixias Warlord

I usually start planning to kill/cripple Alex the second he strolls up on his horse. I really can't stand Isabella or Elizabeth, so I thouroughly enjoy wiping them out. Depending on map/Civ, I kill off Ethiopia

I usually don't mind playing against most Civs; Hiawatha and Sejong can be tough, but I like that - it makes the later game more interesting.

4. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

I'm closer than you think -.- I know where you live :mischief: xD.. well, I live in ireland, you live in Ireland, I'm polish.. I'm sure you can connect the dots :lol:

Too be honest I usually end up rage quitting if an AI fast-settles me (is that the term?) and those are the usually annoying ones, however, if Montezuma, Alexander, Cesar, Dido, Elizabeth, Hiawatha.... are my neighbours I usually do plan on conquering them, but on Warlord that usually isn't as big of a problem.. sadly.. I would like more conflict but know I can always WIN the conflict.

5. joshua43214

joshua43214 King

Alex is kill on sight for me if he is next door.

If he is right next to me, I do a 180 on my game, crank out some bows and take his cap. I try to do this before I meet any more civs...

6. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

Kill Dido, Alex, Sejong, and Kammy on sight. Also Catherine.

7. Socratatus

Socratatus Emperor

I guess it`s different with each game depending on difficulty, world type etc, but Shaka`s power grows exponentially if given half a chance.

8. Ninakoru

Ninakoru A deity on Emperor

Alex and Shaka are my main problems usually. One for CS whoring and the other for killing everyone in sight successfully.

9. Barghaest

Barghaest King

Any played by the AI.

It doesn't appear to be a specific civ that annoys me every game.... but whoever gets the leg up on the others annoys the crap out of me with wonder hogging.

The warmongering civs aren't as bad as they tend to make enough enemies so when they lose their army the other AIs descend upon them like sharks that smell blood.

10. cinattra

cinattra Warlord

Hiawatha, Alex, Bismarck and sometimes Boudicca. You gotta hit them early.

It doesn't take Alex long decide to come after you. Bismarck just always seems upset with me. Boudicca is all peaceful and then she freaking back stabs me. Hiawatha I have peacefully lived next to, but he will steamroll everyone else then he gets too big to beat.

11. Theruss

Theruss Warlord

Seems Alex is the most hated AI, so far. Not surprising though. Alex is almost always hostile and he allies with every CS on the map. I like that he is hostile though, it makes it easier to cripple him while maintaining relations with others.

Right now I am very bitter with Sejong. In my last game he was friendly with everyone besides me while having a literacy rate 15% higher than the average, that every other AI and myself had. Then Sejong turned everyone against me, and then I rage resigned the game.

12. Jon the Bastard

Jon the Bastard Warlord

Washington, Napoleon, Alexander, Nobunaga, Suleiman, Shaka, and Cesar. Of those, I find that Nobunaga and Cesar are the ones you have to get after as soon as you can. Cesar is self-explanatory; Japan, however, fields zombie armies. God help you if you don't get to Nobu before he gets his samurai.

13. Jigzaw

Jigzaw Chieftain

Isabella. Her incessant yapping gets me. Other than that, all civs that hog city states -- democracy at its worst.

14. Sagax

Sagax Emperor

Shaka and Alex. It's a "kill or be killed" relationship.

Special mention goes to August - he hasn't been a major threat for me so far (usually crippled by other civs), but his habits of denouncing and sending spies just annoy me.

15. EK834

EK834 Prince

This varies from game to game for me, but I always regret spawning near Oda, and I often regretted in the late game if I didn't do enough to cripple Casimir early on.

I often need to find ways to beat Hiawatha to the victory conditions, but he's OTOH most often my best ally and my favorite AI, loyal as a dog, usually with a strong army and perfect to sign Defensive Pacts with (he spreads so much all over the map that when we get DoWed together the attacker seems to always have a Hiawatha city somewhere that's far more suitable to attack than coming after one of mine...)

16. brainfixer

brainfixer Chieftain

Surprisingly Theodora lately. (G&K Emperor/Immortal) .. She spams wonders and defensive buildings but ignores religion for the early-mid game. Tough to deal with when you spawn far apart.

17. GoStu

GoStu King

I find that most decent civs have their own special way to annoy me. Ethiopia is going to deploy the Jehovah's Witness Brigade, Hiawatha IS going to found seven hundred ******** towns on my doorstep, and Nebby or Sejong ARE going to try to run away scientifically. If I tried to kill everyone that annoyed me from time to time though, I'd be playing the game alone.

The only one I get REALLY annoyed at seeing is Shaka. If I see him, I know there will be a wall of Impi. Regardless of if I had stuff to do that day, he's going to be visiting with Impis through the whole medieval and renaissance eras.

18. Aenthin

Aenthin Warlord

Any runaways, really. Casimir, Hiawatha, Washington and my archnemesis, Alejandro, all come into mind. Shaka if you're militarily weak, but he's very easy to bribe with, thus allowing you to cripple enemies without you doing anything...much.

19. PreLynMax

PreLynMax Your Lord and Master

Any warmonger-- that includes Alex, Neo, Shaka, Caesar, and all the other aggressive mofo I meet.

20. Walter R

Walter R Great Engineer

Me too! Only Alex is guaranteed to turn me into an early game warmonger...