1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AI's you must eliminate/cripple at all costs upon meeting them

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Theruss, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Autoclave

Autoclave Warlord

Alex and Shaka are prime candidates.

2. orasis

orasis Prince

Atilla, Shaka, Montezuma, Alexander.

1. Atilla : He's hostile and the A.I plays him well. If you do not kill him early he usually ends up with a massive army due to expansion and all of those extra hammers from pastures. You've been warned! Do not let him expand!

2. Shaka : He is one of the top war mongers he will strike at you even if he's not particularly stronger than you. So, he's constantly chipping away at your military while he's paying less maintenance and getting more XP for doing so.... later on though, if you let him live, he'll use that to come at you with large heavily promoted force! Take him out early!

3. Montezuma : Unpredictable pretty much sums him up. He'll go from your best friend to a DOW in a second. Never get comfortable if he's on your doorstep, take him out and if you can't... always have a military plan in mind to deal with him when/if he finally decides to show his true colors. Never take your eyes off of him.

4. Alexander : Alexander seems to have this uncanny ability to know exactly when you're at your weakest. He will play the friend and as you grow in strength do his best to prevent a war with you until he's found the perfect moment to strike and when he does... all hell comes down on you. Not only does he usually have almost every CS on his side (and their resources) he is usually influential with the other A.I players and brings them in on the war (probably using the free luxuries and resources he's gotten from all of his CS Buddies) against you.

Kill him at the earliest opportunity.

There are others that I consider dangerous but I'm usually able to live peacefully with them until I decide to strike. Those mentioned above almost always declare war on me as soon as I'm a few points weaker than they are militarily except for Alexander... Alexander just waits until he has his best shot, my military size doesn't seem to be an issue to him.

3. isau

isau Deity

Alexander tops the list for me. He has to be gone or neutralized by the time the World Congress comes around.

Venice due to the City State conversion ability.

Siam, because they also ally with City States and are fair weather friends who turn on you the moment you are slightly vulnerable.

Gandhi, if he's close, because he makes it far too easy early on. That puts him at risk of being conquered by someone else. Then the fact that he throws nukes around freely in the end game means he can just be too much of a liability to handle. An ideal way to deal with him for me has been to take his capital and then send other civs out to conquer the rest, declare on them, then Liberate Ghandi back to one small remote city far away from Uranium. That way he is powerless but provides a source of Research Agreements.

Poland and Iroquois because they will both run away if left unchecked. I usually don't have to wipe them out completely though, just hobble them. The scariest game ever for me though was one time on Immortal when Poland went on a rampage and took over an entire continent while also scoring 3/4ths of the world wonders.

4. Socratatus

Socratatus Emperor

Kinda strange that Ghandi is one of the biggest users of Nukes. I would`ve thought he`d be the last person to use them, even if his country is likely to be overrun. I mean, he`s the guy who advocated peaceful resistance against deadly force, right?

5. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

Yes; Ghandi's love of Nukes is a somewhat silly joke (I believe it dates back the original edition of Civ, actually.)

6. Dostayer

Dostayer Warlord

Suleiman, he is a runaway and extremely annoying one.
    Wu gave me hell one game, but I managed to overtake her.
    Dido is kinda traitorous.
    Hiawatha is an extremely annoying land grabber if you don't put him down quick enough.

7. Socratatus

Socratatus Emperor

Yes, I theorised that was the case. He`s so opposite to his real-life version that it`s the only real explanation!

Probably why I use random personalities. ;)