ak invitational

ohoh...what now? OK I'm in.

lurker's comment: Are you going to have lurker turns? :D

EDIT: Sorry about the spam, I had accidentally unsubscribed.

ansar, now I have to do a roster. and there will not be lurker turns.

bede, cause my city placement sucks
harriet, cause tis always good to go after bede
whomp, cause he hath no hair and likes cookies
scout, just cause
ak
ansar, cause you've responded too many times.

membership is now closed

Oscillating war... is that where we alternate whacking others? What do we do if we're stuck on a landmass with only one neighbor? How will we "oscillate"?

Oh yeah - count me in for a slugfest...

IIRC, NOW works like you are AW against the first person you meet and stay AW until you kill them, which then you declare AW on another civ and kill it and further...

Reporting for duty. :salute:

I'm scared to ask what civ and level. Maybe the Zulu at Sid? :eek: Guess I'll soon find out, huh? :hmm:

classical_hero said:
lurker's comment: How about this variant, no optional techs?
You have GOT to be kidding. No Monarchy or Republic, no knights or cavs? I don't think so.

I checked the game settings. We're the Iroquois at Monarch, but it's not a tiny map. It's a standard 70% archipeligo, wet, temperate, 4 billion, roaming barbs. It also has respawn AI turned ON and scientific leaders turned OFF. Our 7 opponents are Germany, Inca, England, Maya, Aztecs, Sumeria and Arabia.

If we're on a small island, we may not have anyone to fight at all for awhile. :mischief:

classical_hero said:
The only governments that you would legally be able to have is either Despotism or Feudalism. This will be a challenge.
Um, we just recently finished that 100k game and I kinda think I speak for all of us as having had our fill of feudalism for awhile...an MMing nightmare challenge. :p

Another variant we could consider is adding a "defiant" element for civs we're not at war with.
-No caving into demands (it's rude to demand our cash)
-Terms of peace must be to our benefit (compensation for their rudeness)
- Boot orders (it's our land and trespassing is not allowed)
- No ROPs, MA's, MPPS's, embassies (we won't walk on their lands if they won't walk on ours and we're a proud people so we don't need help)
- if one of our cities is razed we are at AW with that civ until they're finished off and we must raze all of their cities (This would be the ultimate insult. If they raze one of our cities our people will never forget and will raze all of their cities until they're finished)...Moral of this story is don't let a city get razed.

Whomp said:
Another variant we could consider is adding a "defiant" element for civs we're not at war with.
-No caving into demands (it's rude to demand our cash)
-Terms of peace must be to our benefit (compensation for their rudeness)
- Boot orders (it's our land and trespassing is not allowed)
- No ROPs, MA's, MPPS's, embassies (we won't walk on their lands if they won't walk on ours and we're a proud people so we don't need help)
- if one of our cities is razed we are at AW with that civ until they're finished off and we must raze all of their cities (This would be the ultimate insult. If they raze one of our cities our people will never forget and will raze all of their cities until they're finished)...Moral of this story is don't let a city get razed.

Sounds fun. :goodjob:

Top Bottom