AK01-C3C The French Crusade

AkK47

Chieftain
wanting to start a civ3 monarch/emperor SG... looking for 4 people to make a team...

Civilization and other settings open to decide on, feel free to make any proposals.

Anyone of any difficulty level welcome, I am a first timer at SGs mysef

[Edit]: I have outlined the settings for this game below:

Civilization: France

World Size: Standard

Map:
- Continents 70% Water
- Normal Climate
- Temperate
- 4 Billion Years

Difficulty: Emperor

Default Rules with 7 Random Opponents

Playing on Conquests v1.22

I'm up for it, preferably on Monarch (My comfort level is Regent.)

Any varients you thinking about using (Five City Challange? Always War? or anything like that?)

Oh, and do you mean four players including yourself, total of 4, or not including yourself, total of 5?

I would suggest France, but that's only because they're my favorite civ. Maybe some Civ everybody thinks sucks (Portagul?)

EDIT: Oh, and what version of civ do you have?

it would be nice of five of us got together... however no problem with 4 person SG...

France sounds like a gd idea, I would personally like to get to know another civ as i usually play greece

Ive got vanilla PTW and Conquests, all patched to the latest version, so can play with any version...

I wouldn't like any variants, would prefer just normal game, looks like the other will be too challenging for me really :)

As soon as enough ppl get together I will roll up a start and set up the roster

Welcome to the forum, Akk47. I think you've chosen a good way to get started here by beginning an SG.

[party] :dance: :banana:

Did you have a specific Victory Condition in mind? Conquest, Domination, UN or anything like that?

You said you wanted a 'normal' game. Does this mean Standard map size and Contiental land mass?

thanks for the welcome, im starting to feel at home here already :)

actually i mostly go for space race... but should there be any probs with resources/city development/wars etc. i generally try find what other options I have... mostly resulting in dommination and possibly UN

as it is my first SG, i dont know what the game will bring up to tell you the truth, but im fairly confident that by establishing a developed and powerful core along with keeping borders secure and rivals at bay, SR could be an appealing option

as we are looking for players... would you consider joining the game?

Space Race SG's take the longest, I know, having done Spain to the Stars. I recommend Domination as your first chosen VC to get your feet wet, it can move quite fast. You can leave everything else available as fallbacks, but my bet is you won't need them. Choosing a tribe can be a challenging tribe or an easy one. I haven't seen the Celts in an SG in awhile, that'd be interesting. I'm also thinking of India as a tribe for SGFN-05, that might be cool. If you want any help organizing this, I'm willing to lend a hand, and if my schedule eases up, I could possibly do some lurker turns.

If this were at Monarch, I might be tempted but to tell the truth, I am still getting used to how SG's work. It is very different from making (and living with) your own choices and mistakes.

If you want any help organizing this, I'm willing to lend a hand

Hey thanks! being new and all I could appreciate some help :D

If this were at Monarch, I might be tempted

actually as there will be many of us in the SG, the whole level at which everyone plays will go up im guessing as we'll be discussing moves and stuff... anyways if you want theres always room !

im thinking of doing this at 24/48 and 20 turns each... tell me what you think about this

As for a proposal:

Map:
- Continents 70% Water
- Normal Climate
- Temperate
-4 Billion Years

The version I've decided on is Conquests v1.22 but (since I have PTW and vanilla) i have np changing this

As for what civ, I am proposing the Greeks as they are kindof easy to play with, especially for first time SGers like me :D

Tell me anyone if there are any other ideas

im thinking of doing this at 24/48 and 20 turns each... tell me what you think about this
Twenty turns is fine for the first set of turns, but after that I would drop it down to 10 turns.
As for a proposal:

Map:
- Continents 70% Water
- Normal Climate
- Temperate
-4 Billion Years

The version I've decided on is Conquests v1.22 but (since I have PTW and vanilla) i have np changing this

As for what civ, I am proposing the Greeks as they are kindof easy to play with, especially for first time SGers like me :D

Tell me anyone if there are any other ideas
Game conditions look good. Emperor is not that hard to do 10 turns at a time.

This thing needs a name, and then the post in the SG game registry can be updated. Also, you'll need to nail down a tribe. I see the Greeks and France mentioned. Both are fine, general-purpose tribes, adequate for any VC type, neither are super good or bad. Then you need a team of players. I see one definite and a strong maybe besides the founder, so 2 or 3 more will do it. The Glory of Greece? France Forever? Feedback appreciated.

Hey thanks! being new and all I could appreciate some help :D

Map:
- Continents 70% Water
- Normal Climate
- Temperate
-4 Billion Years

Hmm...Emperor. Like I said, I'm only a Regent player, so Emperor's a bit of a stretch. But I'm cool with it.
Other Settings look fine, I would prefer France as our Civ, but I wouldn't mind if it we be Greece.

Emperor isn't as scary in an SG and there's always a great crew of advisors around to help out, plus the team to help with the big picture. You'll do fine. The biggest difference between levels is happiness and the AI production bonus. At Regent, your people are easier to make happy. At Emperor, you will use the Entertainment slider (AKA "lux" slider) to maintain order. A good tip is to get Mapstat or CivAssist 2 to be your sidekick. The AI production bonus means more and better enemy units, whch is offset by using artillery and smart tactics. We lurkers will probably treat this as a training game, so again, you have backup. Feel free to stop and holler for help if you hit a snag.

I will look forward to watching this game play out.

It should be interesting to see how the group gets 'er done! :lol:

Then you need a team of players. I see one definite and a strong maybe besides the founder, so 2 or 3 more will do it. The Glory of Greece? France Forever? Feedback appreciated.

im just updating the SG registry, having decided on France and the need of 2 more players to set the game up and begin... there's 3 of us certain and im looking forward to beginning

I will roll up 5 starting positions to start deciding on the best one asap

I have compiled the 5 different starts, and have along with my oopinion on them at the bottom

Spoiler :

Here are the 5 starting positions along with the settings I selected, all shown in screen prints below:

start 1:

start 2:

start 3:

start 4:

start 5:

from viewing the above, I am very tempted to say that starts 3 and 4 are the best of the lot, with four having FPs, a BG and a cow while three has many BGs that will prove very useful... awaiting feedback

Culturally linked starting locations should be off, unless you like the American civs. That feature is broken. Also, you might want wet for more rivers. I'm also not seeing any luxes in sight. I think with all of these starts, the settler will need to move, the 1 tile from the coast position is a killer. 4 is the best of this bunch, but you'd need to move 1 tile west to settle.

i am wondering if you really want to Re-spawn AI players. It is really hard to conquer a civ that just regenerates time after time.

One other favour for lurkers. When you select your world conditions, could you put a dot on the choices. I can rarely tell the difference between them.

Top Bottom