AK01-C3C The French Crusade

Hi

sorry to not have commented this earlier, but i wont be able to take part int he game. I already informed the host, akk47, by phone, since i know him personally, but apparently he hasent had a chance to make that public. Anyways, sorry for giving you the false pretensions that i would be taking part.

I will remain an observer

Have fun and good luck

(btw why did u found rheims there and not one to the east.. much more production in the future plus no clash with the otehr city to teh west?)

nice... taking a look at the game tomorow but wont be able to play until the day after...

will post if I have any dilemmas that need group discussion

We did have some group input before putting these cities in. Placing Rheims where it is does indeed make for very tight city placement, but it seems the landscape dictates tight city placement.
It also looks to me playing a wargame is best with this landscape. Lack of rivers and gold means a research game is less suitable. But the tight city placement and availability of shields are ideal for a wargame. It's also quite defendable, this map position.

AkK47 has no time right now? It might be good to wait until he posts again. Next on the roster is Rodent, but I understand he's too busy. Rodent is also next on the roster in 'Gandhi stomps the World', so he's pretty swamped. An adjustment of the roster seems best, but the previous adjustment was already done without AkK47 being present, and somehow I don't like to make a habit of that.

Edit: Ah, crosspost with AkK47 himself! Good you checked in. Maybe you want to look at that roster I put up a few posts before, and maybe make a couple of rules. Like I believe in an SG a player has a limited amount of time to pick up the game. I think it's 5 days ago or so since Nerovats played, and we didn't hear anything from Rodent, who was next on the roster. Some games allow 48 hours to pick up the game, some games allow a week. We probably need to set a rule there.
But you playing next seems good idea, since Rodent seems really too busy right now.

Spoiler :
Turn 0-All is good

Turn 1-Nothing apart from getting wines

Turn 2- Lose a Suicide Curragh. Adjust Science to 90%

Turn 3-Lyons grows.

Turn 4- Writing is researched, philosophy is due in 17 turns.

I trade Writing to Maya for Iron Working seeing that china already has it.

Iron Working yields good news, there is a source 2 tiles from paris

Turn 5- Mao wants our 1 gold. i give it

Paris Grows

Turn 6-Paris-Settler->warrior

Turn 7- MM lyons, Granary in 4 turns

Turn 8- Rheims-Worker->worker

Turn 9- Paris-Warrior->Settler

Found Tours, Starts worker

Turn 10- Lyons-Granary->settler

The settler factory is ready, next player needs to juggle tiles to get optimum performance

Attachments

• AK47 1475 BC.SAV
    81.2 KB · Views: 85
Top Bottom