ALC 27: Churchill of England

Advise switching the hill forest to a FP (WB done next turn either way), and growing to 4 while building warrior before starting settler. With this change the growth should be done in 4 turns.

Oh, and pray that GW sends his first settler east :lol:

Just a side note on leader information that always shocks me -

Washington is one of the only leaders in the game that has a really high probability of straight up declaring on you if you deny a tribute payment. He's fairly easy to get to pleased, but if you don't he can become a huge annoyance due to the fear of refusing a demand. Give up a monopoly tech or risk insta-DoW :rolleyes:

Still like him better than Shaka.

Someone was just ranting about how annoying is it when people confuse, for example, the Japanese leaders Hammurabi and Tokugawa with each other. Just can't remember who it was...

Someone was just ranting about how annoying is it when people confuse, for example, the Japanese leaders Hammurabi and Tokugawa with each other. Just can't remember who it was...

:lol::lol:
Although of course Hammi is not even Japanese.

@DMOC: How can you tell that Washington's capital isn't on a hill because every possible line of sight blocked by forest tiles. Also, please post the most relevant portion of the tech tree in your screenshots.

As for the game, I would probably go for BW and then either archery or Pottery depending on whether anything turns up. I would probably try to nap the corn and hope that Washington tries to settle crabs/clams/pigs site. That site would be much more productive than the sugar/spice site. But, then again, I have no idea how fast Diety AI expand.

Are Augustus and Washington the only AI's that we know where they're located?

The last AI is probably "isolated" given the map (B&S). You'll probably make contact eventually via some workboat. Most B&S maps are connected via galleys.

Any reason why you aren't trying to get the corn/ivoryx2 site? It's good with a border pop, although it might run into culture issues. There's also an awesome GP spot up north with pig/clam/crabs, although you'd probably have to be lucky to nab it.

If you can spare a warrior, I'd send one down to spawnbust the banana area to prevent a barb city from popping up.

i'd proberly target a city 2e of the cows for a future Buraeu capital (grassland cows and corn, 3 hills and lot of flatland)

If you was able to (which i doubt since its Deity) i would have eyed a city 1ne of the northen pig as well (clam, crab, pig, stone)

@DMOC: How can you tell that Washington's capital isn't on a hill because every possible line of sight blocked by forest tiles.

From this picture

You can see the city is at the river bent (southeast corner, in the shadows), where there's no greyish hill edge near the water. Thus it's not on a hill.

^ Augustus' cultural border is right there too. I'm guessing that the odds of beating both Washington and Augustus to that spot are probably remote.

Yeha another ALC game. Im looking forwards to this especially because ive just managed to beat immortal twice and this ALC game is on deity difficulty level. Good luck DMOC

Knightly

edit: concerning this page http://www.asjotools.com/misc/CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.htm . I know the civ4 reference sheet but this page seems to give even more information about the leaders. Is there an explanation of all these attributes ?

greetings

You started with Fising/Mining and you have 2 fish in BFC, I would strongly suggest BW as your first tech. Slavery given a high food capital + revealing copper early since you are not pressed for early worker techs.

Next I would go Archery (pro archer early is super). Then Wheel/Pottery/AH/Myth.

with this order you can even mine the pig when building settler.

Also, I would gone 2 work boats followed by a worker then archer.

You prob need to rush out the first 2 settlers, I would recommend:

1. Suger/Spice/2x Ivory as your first city (resource grabber/commerce)
2. Cow/Corn/River as your 2nd city (prod city)
3. pig/stone/crab/clam gp farm if you can get it
4. Clam/Banana/Wheat GP farm
5. Expand south

Dont see any horse, you will need copper to consider any mil action against AIs (most likely GW).

ABCF you're right, I was debating on BW or going AH first, and I guess I was too focused on getting all food resources hooked up to prevent health problems. I'm definitely researching BW first for next round.

Washington already has a city by the 2 ivory (his borders just haven't expanded to the 10 culture point) so I guess I could rush a settler there. I'd have to work to gain the settlers back.

ABCF you're right, I was debating on BW or going AH first, and I guess I was too focused on getting all food resources hooked up to prevent health problems. I'm definitely researching BW first for next round.

Washington already has a city by the 2 ivory (his borders just haven't expanded to the 10 culture point) so I guess I could rush a settler there. I'd have to work to gain the settlers back.

...and it's a whole lot easier to :whipped: a settler than to grow one with food+hammers.

Bronze Working FTW. This seems like an awfully crowded map. I expect that you're going to have to rush out settlers as soon as possible and just ignore everything else if you want to have even a chance at getting copper. If you get more than 3 cities (including capital) before you run out of room, I'll be amazed. I'm not saying it can't be done. I just know that I couldn't do it.

Incidentally, we missed a cow in the starting big-fat-cross.
Not to say i told you so but... Not to mention you may miss out on horses or metals in the BFC. Not to worry, you're an awesome player and i'm sure you'll manage;)

I agree.

Go Settler/Settler/X workers.

Grab the city spot NE of the sugar, and the riverspot with cow + corn first.

After that see whic blocks you can throw up more, rest can be filled easily.

One thing I must say though. Make sure you got either archery/pottery/mysticism research the moment you settle your first city.

I always hate it myself to waste hammers on a new founded city because I do not got the required techs to make them usefull.

Not to say i told you so but... Not to mention you may miss out on horses or metals in the BFC. Not to worry, you're an awesome player and i'm sure you'll manage;)

I played out a bit in the next round (didn't finish yet though). Good news #1 - copper in the capital, which we wouldn't have gotten if we settled in place. So there. :lol:

Good news #2 - we founded the corn/ivory city. :lol:

Top Bottom