1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ALC Game #25: Celts/Boudica, Take 2

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Sisiutil, Jan 30, 2009.

1. tycoonist

tycoonist Deity

i don't think this idea should be abandoned. we just need someone to continue it with limitless appetite and playing time available for civ. TMIT, where are you? :lol:

but seriously, i remember reading these when i was starting civ, which was a long time ago now, so thanks for all the years of works sis.

2. gfm

gfm Refuses to Talk!!!

Keep up the... Err no.

Thanks a lot for your well-written ALCs. They will be sorely missed but as MadScientist said, all good things...

3. Matthew5117

Matthew5117 Emperor

...end.

The ALCs should be known by Sisuitl. Not others.

We need to someone honour Sisutil. We should create a Hall of Fame for Users, and Sisutil would be the first person for it.

4. Pohjalainen

Pohjalainen Chieftain

Thanks Sisiutil! Your ALC's were the reason I strated reading these forums and they have helped me a lot.

5. TM Moot

TM Moot King

Thanks and well done.

I only posted on a couple of the ALC's ('move Warrior 1NE') but I read them all. I always thought the time and effort put in was truly impressive.

Enjoy your retirement Sis. :cheers:

6. Dr Yes

Dr Yes Definitely hooked

Sisiutil

Thanks for a great series of games. You improved my game a lot. I think the success of the series was in the sense of humor with which you described the events.

7. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

I will join and congratule you and thanks you for this great serie... these games were the first I lurked regularly and they really get me started... Thanks a lot really...

:hatsoff:
    Raskolnikov

8. nbcman

nbcman King

Thanks for the series. Your presentation of games and how you explained most of your major decisions was illuminating. It helped me look at the game differently.

:clap:

9. Fetch

Fetch When in doubt, reboot.

Nice, going, Sis. As someone who's been there from the start, let me say that your ALCs have helped me more than any other series learn how to play CIV. But, I do get the feeling, like others who have retired in their prime (See: Brett Favre and Michael Jordan) that you'll be back, eventually.

It's been fun.

10. popejubal

popejubal Emperor

Sis, thanks for all the work and thought and time you put into this.

I learned an enormous amount in this series and it's obviously energized the community here in a way that few others have. I know how it is to do something you love and then find out that even though you still love it, you just don't have the energy or enthusiasm to keep up the enormous amount of work involved.

This series got me up to the point where I really was able to internalize so many of the critical Civ IV components so that I could read the more advanced stuff and actually get real value out of it.

11. Bandobras Took

Bandobras Took Emperor

:( And we were just about to run into a whole string of Protective Leaders . . . ;)

:( Still, sad to see it end. :(

12. obriente

obriente Chieftain

Sis, I have read all of your ALCs and I wanted to thank you for the incredible amount of time you put into the series. They are a treat to read and very helpful. Please, enjoy your retirement.

13. Honkoid

Honkoid Honk of the hill

Well, I'm not a person of many words. Just wanna join the choir and thank you for your great series! :)

14. Jaaboo

Jaaboo Prince

Thanks for the quality entertainment and education, Sis.

15. Gliese 581

Gliese 581 Your average civ junkie

Heh I know exactly how you feel as I have trouble finishing online games in the industrial/modern era. Writing comprehensive details on games at that stage takes a tremendous amount of time and effort, enough that it feels a bit like work, and when you're working you don't have the time and when you're on vacation you really don't want to work. :)
    Thanks for all the games you put up!

16. Stewie0416

Stewie0416 Who Cares?

Great job Sis, I understand the pressures of doing this over and over again! Don't worry about it and live your life!

17. Trystero

Trystero Deity

Sisiutil, I would also like to thank you for your entertaining and informative series. Among other things, it was my introduction to CFC. As someone with no experience with Civ games before Civ4, it really helped me both learn the basic concepts and familiarize myself with aspects of higher level play. Thanks again. :cheers:

18. Taube

Taube Chieftain

Thanks for all the well-crafted stories and great advice on playing Civ. These threads have always been great for procrastinating at work.

19. BarrageQueen

BarrageQueen Warlord

Thanks indeed.

Always feel free to pull a Jordan and come back from retirement.

20. mr straw

mr straw Chieftain

I'll chime in and say thanks too. Really like the format of this series, where a round is played, then discussion on all sorts of strategies, then another round. Has been interesting and has helped me move up to Monarch level too.

Agree with the idea of someone else picking up this series if they're willing, but calling it something different. How about "Rest of the ALCs (RotALC??)"... Return of the ALCs? etc etc

Also, Boudicca will have to be forever known as the leader that killed the ALCs. Damn Boudicca...