1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Alert until healed?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Ansive, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Ansive

Ansive Chieftain

If I use Fortify until healed my units get killed by wondering barbarians.
    If I use Alert my units get forgotten randomly on the map.
    If I use skip turn the unit does not get a fortification bonus.

Am I missing something or is this 'broken'?

Ogro likes this.
  2. CPWimmer

CPWimmer Chieftain

I can't speak to the others (I think alert is currently broken) but "Fortify Until Healed" works.

Two important notes:
    1. You don't heal until after the barbarians get their turn
    2. You don't heal if you moved even one tile on the turn you start "Fortify Until Healed". You then begin to heal following the next full turn your unit stayed in one place.

3. Ogro

Ogro Chieftain

I don't think you are, unless I'm missing it too.
    That kind of thing amazes me, how can they manage to develop many ways of not doing what we want? Do they even try?
    I would do it like this:
    • Fortify
      If the unit was injured it would appear on the "need action" list (perhaps with an unit healed alert) after it was healed and without losing the fortification bonus, from there we could ignore and left it fortified or move it.
      During all the healing process an enemy spotted warning would appear and the unit would go the "need action" list if any enemy unit appeared on sight.
    Now, I believe, the enemy on sight warning when the unit is fully healed would cause a divergence of opinions. For this reason another button could be created
    • Fortify (no warnings)
      Would do just that, left the unit fortified until you manually did something to it.

Is this that hard to come up with? TWO buttons that would actually help us play the game!

4. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Chieftain

Not sure about civ 6 since alert is currently broken but I remember being annoyed in civ 5 that alert would automaticly pull units out of fortification status.

5. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Alert is broken, avoid it.
    This means that fortify until healed does indeed mean your units can be killed by barbs before you notice. That's because alert is broken.
    Fortify until healed is annoying because a cavalry upgrade against fortified units gives them a bonus. as said we need more than one option there.
    As @Tech Osen hints any revamp needs an option of keeping fortification or coming out of it.