ALF 8 - Pericles of Greece (Immortal)

I keep trying. Running the patch exe prompts me to select language, then there's a licence acceptance, two nexts (I uncheck the newsletter spam box) and no options to configure anything. And on the last next when it's supposed to install it does nothing.

I had the same issue once. What really helped was that I downloaded the patch from an other site. It turned out that the two versions even had different file sizes. (It shuld be ~165 MB) Hope this helps.

And nice work on the series, you really inspire me to move up to immortal! :goodjob:

Whatever you do, DON'T WIN BY DIPLOMACY AGAIN!!!! :p
:lol:

Too late. :( Even though there was ton of action and I wasn't very far off domination win.

I'll have to deliberately avoid it next game, as it's really starting to look like 'how to win diplomacy in 1000 ways' now:crazyeye:

I'll post the update in a few minutes.

I decided not to go after Shaka, and started amassing troops at Victoria's border.

I sent a caravel exploring and met Augustus, who for someone who started off in isolation and with little land was pretty damn good at tech:
Spoiler :

I gave Shaka chemistry, even though it made me grind my teeth:
Spoiler :

It made him friendly however!

I traded a bit with Augustus, as he had no WFYABTA:
Spoiler :

I used a GS for GA:
Spoiler :

After I teched communism and democracy, I made final civic switch:
Spoiler :

Shaka was one turn from Philosophy, yet still gave me all his money and map for it:
Spoiler :

Tokugawa peacevassaled to Shaka. As Toku was at war with Washington, that made Shaka declareon him as well. Washington still refused to talk to me, so I had to Alt-click him to declare on him as well:
Spoiler :

Shaka also lost WFYABTA at friendly:
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Shaka never sent a force after Washington, but I started taking Washington's cities:
Spoiler :

I used a GE to hurry Broadway as I had happiness issues due to the war:
Spoiler :

Shaka made peace with Washington, but Augustus declared on him instead. As I didn't want him to vassal to anyone, and wanted to wipe him out, I bribed Augustus out:
Spoiler :

I took more of Washington's cities...
Spoiler :

...and the bastard peacevassaled to Victoria. She sent a few huge stacks at her former city:
Spoiler :

That's about 1/3rd of what she sent.

So I bribed Shaka in:
Spoiler :

I lost the city in spite of having a lot of rifles in there and pounding her stacks with cannons:
Spoiler :

Finally, Washington was no more:
Spoiler :

Shaka took my city from Victoria. I sent stacks that were fighting Washington back and started pounding Victoria into oblivion, with Shaka contributing his fair share:
Spoiler :

Augustus built UN, I easily won the secretary position, but the first diplo win vote was a close loss by 4 votes:
Spoiler :

As Victoria was about to be kicked off the mainland however, another vote came up. Me and Shaka gained votes from the cities we captured, and even Toku turned friendly:
Spoiler :

The final graphs and demographics:
Spoiler :

I killed quite a lot of cuirassiers it seems:
Spoiler :

And the final score:
Spoiler :

Actually I do not know how to win by AP Diplomation. I will have to go over some of these saves and find out. What criteria need to be filled?

Every civ has to have at least one city with the AP religion. Number of votes depends only on cities with AP religion as well. ALF7 was epic AP cheese from horribly backwards and weak position, so check that one out. :lol:

:sleep:

Congrats on your first immortal victory! In your first ALF you said you were a monarch player but you seem to have moved up the ranks fairly quickly. I think you were just a high level player waiting to come out of your shell! Anyway now that you're up to immortal I may shadow some of these games if I find the time.

Congrats on your first immortal victory! In your first ALF you said you were a monarch player but you seem to have moved up the ranks fairly quickly. I think you were just a high level player waiting to come out of your shell! Anyway now that you're up to immortal I may shadow some of these games if I find the time.
Thanks. I've never even tried emperor before this series, to be honest. But I learned a lot during it (and a lot more from watching TMIT's videos).:)

Yeah I've learned a lot from those vids too. If you haven't already, you should really watch absolutezero's videos also. I learned even more watching those vids than TMIT's(no offense TMIT).

Top Bottom