1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Alfheim: Elves at War

Discussion in 'FfH2 Modmods, Scenarios, and Maps' started by Rex rgis of Ter, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Rex rgis of Ter

Rex rgis of Ter Me I'm a Creator

The map is now included in the Map Pack Here. Should you really want it, I will add it again.

2. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Loaded it up and played twice.

Suggest you might want to change the starting units for the Ljosofar as both times, I've been wiped out by a lizardman (on turns 10 and 12). Not starting with a warrior means you're defenceless against the lizard, even if you leave one scout at home (which I did second time around).

3. Rex rgis of Ter

What difficulty were you playing? I'll try and fix it.

4. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

I think I was only playing at Prince actually (maybe Monarch).

5. Rex rgis of Ter

That's funny. I playtested them on Monarch and I got a worker and 4 warriors before the first lizzie.

Anyway, I updated the map

• Ljosalfar starting units changed
    • Danalin's Grove area removed
    • Fur added in Faunheed area

6. Mesix

Mesix One of Porg

I downloaded and will give it a try tonight.

I like the name. Someone else must be a fan of Mystara (aka classic D&D Known World).

7. xienwolf

xienwolf Chieftain

8. DharmaMcLaren

DharmaMcLaren Chieftain

Or Norse mythology, in which "Álfheimr" or "Alfheim" is "Elf-home", the land of the elves (compare to "Elfhame") which is also where the names for the two races of elves come from - Ljosalfar = light elves ("álfar" being the plural of "álfr", an elf, in Old Norse, and "ljós" meaning "light"); and Svartalfar = dark elves ("svart" meaning "dark" + "álfar").

9. Mesix

Mesix One of Porg

I played through a couple of times as the Ljosalfar. The first time through, I was about tied with the dark elves. I got about half way through the game when the blight killed almost all of my resources (a bit overpowered). Frustrated, I decided to start over, and played much more aggressive the second time through. I ended up with a conquest victory on turn 164! I took out all of her cities with hunters!

Overall, I really enjoyed this scenario. It was a quick play, and the resources were divided up nicely.

10. Rex rgis of Ter

I'm glad you liked it. I've actually never played D&D, it's based on the Norse mythological world.

The game is supposed to be very quick, I got a conquest victory on turn 104 (Monarch). Fauns and hunters are very powerful.

Is anyone having problems with barbs?

11. Demus

Demus Chieftain

i wasn't, (they can be tough, but the moment you get hunters, they're just free cities). Playing as the Ljos, the Svalts def. had problems with them, since i got a conquest victory in turn 130 without ever taking down a single svalt city (orthus did it all for me)!

One thing i noticed though: the Ljos are set on monarch instead of noble. If you're playing the good elves, that's no problem, but playing the svalts the Ljos (AI) is still on monarch, instead of noble!

12. Rex rgis of Ter

Updated Version.

• Goodie huts added, for Svartalfar help and barbarian problems
    • Ljosalfar difficulty changed from Monarch to Noble

13. Rex rgis of Ter

I'm bored again, so I think I'll make another map.

I want it to be less than standard size, but not as quick as this map. Any suggestions? Right now I'm toying with...

• Malakim/Sidar/Calabim (Desert War with Sidar hidden in a grassy crag)
    • Sheaim vs. Elohim (Monk Wars! Race to control the unique features)
    • Luchruip (2 leaders) & Khazak (2 leaders) (land of dwarves)
    • Balseraphs/Hippus/Lanun/Grigori (Falamar's pedia entry)
    • Malakim/Elohim vs. Svartalfar/Sidar (Council war)

Which would you like?

14. julko

julko Chieftain

From these ones I like the first option. But to be honest, I'm looking forward to some demon hunting:). So something like Malakim, Bannor against Hyborem, Sheaim and Clan?;)

15. Rex rgis of Ter

Another option would be a map with half being hell with a powerful Hyborem (with Sheaim vassal), and the Elohim, Bannor, and Malakim fighting against him.

16. DharmaMcLaren

DharmaMcLaren Chieftain

It would be nicce if the Elohim had the border with Hyborem, with a ridge of mountains with some passes separating Hell and the rest of the world.

17. JDexter

JDexter Chieftain

Didn't have a chance to download and play the map yet, but I love the idea of smaller scale maps. My PC is too slow for the huge Erebus maps that came first.

For another scenario I'd also enjoy some good vs. evil demon style theme.

18. Rex rgis of Ter

So this weekend I'm going to finish up my maps and (hopefully) release them. If not the weekend, I have no school next week. The Scheduled maps are

Hell and Heaven-Elohim, Bannor against he Sheaim and Infernals. The infernals start with twice the cities of any other civilization.
    Mountains of Esus- A complex and mazelike mountin range with the Sidar, Svartalfar, Khazak, and Luchurip, with exploration is very difficult
    Shining Desert- Malakim vs. Calabim, with lots of Barbarians and floodplains
    Caost of Amur- Amurites on the coast, with Lanun archipelago, and Doviello to the west

When the new patch is released I'll probably make a winter theme, to explore new features, like Winterborn and kidnap.

19. Verdian

Verdian Chieftain

Those sound like fun, especially the Hell and Heaven one. I love fighting the Infernals as the Elohim, but the AI is so unreliable in creating them.

20. Shub-Felty

Shub-Felty Chieftain

I enjoyed it. Managed to get a conquest victory around turn 100, so it was a little too quick for my likings, but still enjoyable.