Algorithm of building of units

Node60

Prince
Prompt, please, or point to the corresponding FAQ...

What algorithm uses AI at a choice of units for building?
As I understand, at first in the city 2-3 units with the greatest possible protection are under construction. And further?

For example, in RARR in the Middle Ages the following mounted units are at the same time available:

1. 6/2/2, no HP bonus
2. 5/2/2, no HP bonus
3. 4/1/3, no HP bonus
4. 4/1/3, bombard 3, HP penalty 1
5. 4/1/2, HP bonus 1

What of these units will prefer to build AI?
Provided that necessary resources for construction of everyone are available for it.

With the greatest possible force of attack?
Or some else factors are considered?

At what stage AI will decide to construct other types of units, for example, artillery or ships?

Perhaps, there are still some valuable supervision concerning construction of units?

Prompt, please, or point to the corresponding FAQ...

What algorithm uses AI at a choice of units for building?
As I understand, at first in the city 2-3 units with the greatest possible protection are under construction. And further?

For example, in RARR in the Middle Ages the following mounted units are at the same time available:

1. 6/2/2, no HP bonus
2. 5/2/2, no HP bonus
3. 4/1/3, no HP bonus
4. 4/1/3, bombard 3, HP penalty 1
5. 4/1/2, HP bonus 1

What of these units will prefer to build AI?
Provided that necessary resources for construction of everyone are available for it.

With the greatest possible force of attack?
Or some else factors are considered?

At what stage AI will decide to construct other types of units, for example, artillery or ships?

Perhaps, there are still some valuable supervision concerning construction of units?

HAH! Are you in for a treat ... :(

Neither rhyme nor reason prevails.

There is no "Cost/Benefit Analysis" - indeed, cost is completely and utterly irrelevant to the AI!

IMHO there is no AI per se where this is concerned. I believe the choice of units to be built is predicated upon the AI simply having a "best possible" Attacker/Defender to choose from, with certain flag preferences occasionally thrown in for good measure - and, remember, these are also dependent upon whether any requisite Resource is available.

The only "analysis" done is "AF" or "DF" x hit points (so a "6" AF w/1HP = a "3" AF w/2 HP.)

A "menu" of build choices is really only allowed by, say, having a "Great Britain" resource in the UK to (perhaps) build Dreadnoughts; no trans-oceanic shipping involved so that, say, in Australia, without the "GB Resource," only Cruisers might be built.

... At least we have "auto-production" of units by Improvements to add some spice the recipe ...

So It Goes,
Oz

My anecdotal experience is that the AI, at least in the World War 2 Pacific scenario, will build the unit with the highest attack value, regardless of shield or population cost.

Probably the best way to get a feel for it is run a game under DEBUG conditions, and monitor what the AI is building based on resources and technology level.

My anecdotal experience is that the AI, at least in the World War 2 Pacific scenario, will build the unit with the highest attack value, regardless of shield or population cost.

Probably the best way to get a feel for it is run a game under DEBUG conditions, and monitor what the AI is building based on resources and technology level.

Truly. Also, I forgot to mention that the AI (in this case, IMHO truly perversely) does not take MF into account: it's as likely to build a "5-5-1" as a "5-5-2."

-:cringe:z

Top Bottom