Alien Invasion!!!

academia

Master of the Universe
Ok guys, this idea came to my mind like 30 minutes ago. To be honest, i have thought about it several times before... but i never took it seriously.
Well, the idea is simple and not very "original". However, i haven´t seen a good civ2 scenario about this topic

Alien invasion to the Earth!!!! :eek: Holy s h i t!!! We are doomed!!!
What do you think about it?

Some issues i´d like to discuss with you (bah, i need your opinions, ideas, comments, etc.)
1) I was thinking on a 5-6 (playable) human civs vs. 1 Alien Superpower (playable too)
So, which human civs would you choose?

2) When does it take place? I´m not sure about it... year 2000? in the 90s? 2003?
I don´t know. Give me ideas and defend them, ok? ;)

3) How will the invasion take place? I mean, the strategy of the aliens.
Global nuclear attack? Attack the main capitals? Land their troops inmediatly? Try to gain control of the air first? Land everywhere? Set up some bases first and then strike the most powerful countries?
I don´t know, post anything you think here.

Well, for the moment those are the main 3 topics i have to deal with. Feel free to say anything you think about this idea.
As usual, your ideas, comments, critics, etc. are all welcome :)

Interesting topic! :eek:

Well, as for civ's:

1. Aliens
2. America/Canada
3. Europe
4. Russia
5. Latin America
6. Asia
7. Neutrals?

I suppose that could be adjusted. Would they be allied at first? I think it would be much more interesting if they all were fighting amongst themselves.

Plot suggestion: The aliens somehow get some of the powers to attack eachother, maybe asia and europe vs russia and america or whatnot but that doesn't really matter. But the point is, have the humans be having some internal conflicts, and then when it's getting intense and they are weakened the aliens go in and try to mop it up. The humans have to decide wether to work together to defeat the threat, or destroy the other humans because they feel they are incompetent :D

As for the date..... I'd say modern times. As in present day, the U.S. has just won the war with Iraq, other issues pop up with North Korea, world hunger, poverty, terrorism, etc. The US reputation is very heavily damaged and they have to balance out reputation and fighting terror. I'd suggest making terrorist units to simulate this ongoing process. You might even want terrorists to assist the aliens at first. You could include a plot where one or more powers get so fed up with eachother that they just go at it, maybe using some nukes. The aliens might have mind controlled world leaders and caused them to do this...

Be sure to include developing technologies.

I suppose the Aliens would possibly attack the major powers first, after they are weakened by internal conflict.

:)

Don't forget to check out the alien scenario that came with the Civilization 2 Scenarios expansion.

Whether you guys know it or not, You're talking about the HARRY TURTLEDOVE's series - where lizards attack during WWII.

Timothy Fowlkes has made some scenarios involving a different HT series where the confederates never lost the American Civil war but I don't think anyone has touched on the series with the Alien alternate timeline.

It had some memorable moments like when the Germans used their monster rail cannon to attack a mothership and the lizards couldn't understand why their SAM defense couldn't stop the incoming 'missiles'.

Here's a thread which should not be allowed to die.

Has anyone tried making a scenario based on "Independence Day?" That'd be a good model for 1990s/present day alien invasions - although clearly, the conflict would have be drawn out a bit longer than 2 days!

I think there is, or was, a scenario based on the TV series "V." And, of course, we have "War of the Worlds" for Civ2.

Speaking of Harry Turtledove's "WorldWar" novels, where aliens invade in 1942, I've been thinking of doing such a scenario. It could be built up from one of the many WWII scenarios and modpacks already available. I hope no-one would object to me borrowing their work...

@pariah:

Yes, there is an "Independence Day" scenario (may be at
Poly...). It sucks through a straw. Be glad you haven't seen it.

Well - maybe it does suck, but I'll try to find the scenario you mentioned, Serutan.

Then again, if aliens did wish to take over the Earth, perhaps they'd do it by subterfuge and subtlety - mind control, maybe. As in the 60s series "The Invaders," John Christophers "Tripods" trilogy, or the movie "The Faculty." To do that with Civ, you could create a tribe which possess only spies and partisans. And write a lot of events in their favour.

Wow, this is a nice idea.

1) I think, the playable civilizations:
  1. Extraterrastal Alliance :scan:
  2. United States of America (USA) :soldier:
  3. United Nations Organization (UNO) :tank:
  4. Alliance of the Middle-East :egypt:
  5. Far-East Alliance :ninja:
  6. Australia :shotgun:
    [/list=1]

2) Time: about A.D. 2000? :confused:

3) Alien attack: land in the hideous jungels of South-Africa, and build a base, I think. :scan:

"Extraterrastal Alliance"? Have you read DC Comics' mega 80s crossover series entitiled "Invasion!"? The villains in that were known as the Alien Alliance; of course, they could have crushed Earth in a few days if it wasn't defended by the genetically-variant beings known as superheroes...

BTW, there are no jungles in South AFRICA. Are you sure you don't mean South America - a continent, rather than a single country?

At South Africa I meant the south part of Africa (Zimbabwe, Botswana, and the others), not South-African Republic.
But you're right, because the lots of jungles are in Middle-East-Africa (cocoa-forests, they're (I think) so hideous), and our extraterrastal friends can disguise themselves to indians. :)

But for the peace, then they land on South-America. ;)

And for the ET. Alliance: I'm too Star Wars-oriented. :)

Oh, and Merry Alienless Christmas for everyone! :) :santa: :borg:

Well, now it's a new year - yet another which, we all hope, will be the year we make contact!

Pity about the Beagle 2 Mars probe going incommunicado. My Planetary Science tutor had students putting bets on whether it would find Martian life before the end of 2003. Given the awful loss ratio of spacecraft sent to Mars, it seems that OUR attempts at being alien invaders have not done terribly well.

here's a small idea. Two alien species are in war and they meet on Earth. So the earth is a big battlefield and there is the humans trying to destroy both of the civs.

Just a stupid idea! :D

Just imagine if Earth WAS a battleground between 2 alien races during the last Ice Age?

Our Paleolithic ancestors might have passed down legends of the conflict, resulting in the myths of fallen angels, war in heaven, fire-breathing dragons, flying warriors such as Valkyries... perhaps Sodom & Gomorah - and Atlantis - were alien settlements, nuked in the course of the war? Massive environmental damage from alien weapons could have contributed to the demise of mammoths, ground sloths and other megafauna; they may even have caused global warming, ending the glaciation and resulting in our Biblical Great Flood.

That would be interesting, maybe like Greek Gods vs. Viking Gods vs. Egyptian Gods etc. The humans would be one civ caught in the middle.

You could base it after "Invasion of the body snatchers".
Have ALOT of spys. write events so that when they bribe someone, a text box comes up saying "They've got another one of your people". you could also write an event where,
a random turn denominator=35 a new future unit I.E a Spithre(this is for civi2 tot extended orriginal, and I still havn't figured out how to create them)is created. I would also load the map WORLD from the TEST OF TIME file.
Maybe someone has already put this into action.
If anyone has, please tell me.

[plasma] :die:

I think that the gods Idea is a good one, but there should be more than one human civ. (please don't use THE god as a civ, because many people will be offended). Also, make sure that the humans are very primitive compared to the gods, and maybe keep the human civs from diplomatically interacting with the gods, and vica versa.

True, but I felt that too much communication between the gods and the humans seemed like they were equals.

If the "gods" were vastly more advanced than the humans, communication would only take the form of condescension, threats and the occasional gift of technology.

The issue might be that, if the god civs had space-age and nuclear technology while the human civs were little more than stone age, the humans would be quickly and inevitably conquered. Unless events can actually prevent specific civs from ever declaring war on each other..?

Top Bottom