Alien nests in your territory? RT

Halcyon 7

Chieftain
Has anyone tried to let an alien nest become friendly or w/e the idea was with that in RT yet?

Can that even be done in RT even with xenomass nests?

Can you get a source of floatstone or firaxite from them w/o improving them using this method or only xenomass as in BE?

Does it still provide positive influence to the alien AI?

Can it be done with aquatic nests?

It still works in RT, but I hadn't paid attention if you get Xenomass or the actual ressource from the nest. Also not sure if it wörks for ocean nests.

You get all resources (xenomass, firaxite, floatstone) from the nest as soon as the aliens become friendly (blue). You even get the resources if you don't have the required techs yet!

I'm pretty sure it works with aquatic nests (I have had them within my borders, but always along with land nests, so I can't tell for certain if it was only the land nests that improved influence).

Its really strange in RT. You can march a settler (along with a guard) right next to several nests (also a change vs the original game, where you never found nests next to each other), settle a city and never get attacked (as long as you have not attacked aliens in any form before). Then once the city is founded, you just buy a few tiles to get the nests in your territory and few turns later, aliens are never a problem again for you. It seems almost brokenly easy to me.

Hmmm interesting.
Maybe I should try that once for a change.
But scientific alien BBQ is always so tasty.... =)

You get all resources (xenomass, firaxite, floatstone) from the nest as soon as the aliens become friendly (blue). You even get the resources if you don't have the required techs yet!

That seems bugged?

Then once the city is founded, you just buy a few tiles to get the nests in your territory and few turns later, aliens are never a problem again for you. It seems almost brokenly easy to me.

Ok a question - so if they are blue - do they still count as blocking my tiles or not anymore?

Thanks for the info. May have to give it a try again now. Might be ok now that you don't have to worry about a worker walking across them and destroying the nest as it was in BE.

Hmmm interesting.
Maybe I should try that once for a change.
But scientific alien BBQ is always so tasty.... =)

That seems bugged?

Ok a question - so if they are blue - do they still count as blocking my tiles or not anymore?

Not sure if its bugged..looks like it but what do I know :)

When the aliens become blue, they do not count as blocking. They still get in your way, but since they move every turn its not much of a problem.

Top Bottom