[MODCOMP] Alien Planet: The Landing.

Somebody613

Deity
First thing first.
Yes, I've seen Dangerous Hunting.
Yes, this is somewhat similar.
No, this is not a clone modmod.
No, I don't have anything to play-test yet, I'm merely asking about your opinion on the idea.

So, the idea.
How does a typical Civ player treat the game?
Well, it's a race of conquest against other civs, be it to crush them, convert them, buy them, or just survive long enough against them.
Right?
But then comes ME - the dude who just LOVES playing a ONE-CIV game against the Tech Tree, lol.
Sounds weird already?
Hah, wait for MORE.
How about making a modmod that will force you to combine that with SURVIVING on a literal Alien Planet?
Well, pseudo-alien for now, since this is merely modmodding STATS, not GRAPHICS.
As in, the species will remain the same, only their stats will change drastically.
Which might (and should) change much later on, if this gets enough fans in you guys, lol.

Details.
Basically, make EVERY animal's Strength bloat x10 and/or Move x3.
And make ALL of them super aggressive, including automatic Keep Out OFF.
Or something like that (hence there being no actual Alpha yet, since even that is a question in discussion).
Also, make them spawn at much higher rates AND gain experience!
Which is why this is both a mega simple modmod, and a rather complex one at the same time.
I don't merely want to multiply their stats, and that's it - I want them to CHALLENGE YOU for real.
I also want them to be able to fight each other (hence experience), as it SHOULD be "realistically".
After all, you do have some 5 "extra civs" saved up "for future use" - so why not like this?
But if you SOMEHOW manage to make them actually fight even their OWN "civ's" units - that'd be GREAT.
Alternatively, and it might be a good idea after all - we can simply make it a FIXED one-civ mod, leaving you with 49(!!!) factions that can be modmodded into Alien Animals.
Imagine THAT!
Man, I get more and more incentive to just DO IT MYSELF, loool!!!
Though that's overly bold (and unrealistic) coming from my meager modding skills.
Which is why I ask you again:
ARE
YOU
IN?

Thanks for reading, please don't feel offended by anything here, and I'll appreciate any help I get from you.
CHEERS!!!

Well, pseudo-alien for now, since this is merely modmodding STATS, not GRAPHICS
Damn... been thinking a bit lately on how we may need to include some alien animals and other life forms once we have Multimaps... If you can find some this could be quite interesting as a project. I recently mapped out a hunter upgrade path that continues on far beyond the Big Game Hunter and hits a point where we have Xenomal Hunters, and Predators (similar to the movie aliens - at this stage of the tech tree humans are playing a lot with their physical forms). Having some groundwork for alien ecologies that can form the basis of entire worlds the player may prefer to send their hunters rather than necessarily settle in much would be fantastic!

I would urge getting creative. Try to find and gather all the arts that could help with this that are out there, on this forum and anywhere where there may be compatible designs on the same 3d platforms we use. Then we can stat them out.

Some of the Fall from Heaven 'nonhumans' could work as aliens (eg. the goblins and the wood and mud golems, there are probably many more). Their Leviathan could be an alien animal. Also there's a mod I think called Planetfall that has aliens.

ETA: I meant Afterworld not Planetfall. There is a Planetfall mod, but I've never seen its units.

Last edited:
Some of the Fall from Heaven 'nonhumans' could work as aliens (eg. the goblins and the wood and mud golems, there are probably many more). Their Leviathan could be an alien animal. Also there's a mod I think called Planetfall that has aliens.
Damn... been thinking a bit lately on how we may need to include some alien animals and other life forms once we have Multimaps... If you can find some this could be quite interesting as a project. I recently mapped out a hunter upgrade path that continues on far beyond the Big Game Hunter and hits a point where we have Xenomal Hunters, and Predators (similar to the movie aliens - at this stage of the tech tree humans are playing a lot with their physical forms). Having some groundwork for alien ecologies that can form the basis of entire worlds the player may prefer to send their hunters rather than necessarily settle in much would be fantastic!

I would urge getting creative. Try to find and gather all the arts that could help with this that are out there, on this forum and anywhere where there may be compatible designs on the same 3d platforms we use. Then we can stat them out.
Yeah, I just realized that we could use ANYTHING that doesn't look like an actual animal, as an ALIEN.
Even dragons, loool.
So, basically, the HARD part here isn't even about gathering the unit graphics (just download all big mods and filter ANYTHING remotely non-realistic into ALIENS).
The hard part is to make a BELIEVABLE gameplay "scenario", starting with upgrades and classes.
Not exactly hard, more like tedious and boring, lol.
But if I manage to localize and internalize animal spawn and unit XMLs good enough, I could actually literally do it MYSELF.
As an ALPHA, of course.

Also, this could have TWO applications:
Alien Planet AND Alien Invasion - the difference being in what resources you'd have to DEFEND with.
In the former case we'd need a fleshed-out Space Colony system - while in the latter case we'd only need for the Aliens to spawn on Earth.
But this would require two SEPARATE modmods, unless there is a way to make multi-domain units exist BOTH on Earth and in Space.
If there is, it's not an issue to such a degree,that we could even "enact a movie" involving a TWO-LOCATION battle simultaneously on Earth and in Space.
Not exactly multi-maps yet, but multi-sub-maps still.

Yeah, I now I'm kinda blabbering here, lol.
But your super mod (in all meanings) is exactly the place for such projects, indeed.

Found this:
Fantasy Mods

Last edited:
Even dragons, loool.
I'll be using Dragons for actual Dragons (Genetic tech is impressive later in the game.)
So, basically, the HARD part here isn't even about gathering the unit graphics (just download all big mods and filter ANYTHING remotely non-realistic into ALIENS).
Hard? No. Time consuming? Definitely. Something that needs to be done soon for the mod anyhow and would thus be hugely appreciated if we did this in a thread here? Hell yeah!
But if I manage to localize and internalize animal spawn and unit XMLs good enough, I could actually literally do it MYSELF.
As an ALPHA, of course.
For a modmod that would help to get us fast tracked for later development here, that would be a huge help to the whole mod team. I would love to help you with some of the spawn and other xml matters. The spawn stuff might make building an entire alien ecosystem a hell of a lot of fun!
As for building a scenario and upgrades and so on, we can always talk some of that through to see what we actually need. I presume that we would be looking at setting this up as you have been relegated by a galactic government to operate an outpost on an extremely hostile planet? Fun :) We could make it a zoomed in snapshot on a segment in time on the larger scale of the game. As far as a more full-scale INTELLIGENT alien invasion is concerned, I certainly want to pursue that as an event that will take place as you start exploring space in the main game and there's a few stages to that. For that purpose, I'm finding the design work I'm involved in right now, the unit review, a platform of effort that will eventually lead to that scenario being worked out, not even necessarily as a scenario but as something that basically happens at a point in the game - though generating a specific scenario for it could help too.

I'll be using Dragons for actual Dragons (Genetic tech is impressive later in the game.)

Hard? No. Time consuming? Definitely. Something that needs to be done soon for the mod anyhow and would thus be hugely appreciated if we did this in a thread here? Hell yeah!

For a modmod that would help to get us fast tracked for later development here, that would be a huge help to the whole mod team. I would love to help you with some of the spawn and other xml matters. The spawn stuff might make building an entire alien ecosystem a hell of a lot of fun!
As for building a scenario and upgrades and so on, we can always talk some of that through to see what we actually need. I presume that we would be looking at setting this up as you have been relegated by a galactic government to operate an outpost on an extremely hostile planet? Fun :) We could make it a zoomed in snapshot on a segment in time on the larger scale of the game. As far as a more full-scale INTELLIGENT alien invasion is concerned, I certainly want to pursue that as an event that will take place as you start exploring space in the main game and there's a few stages to that. For that purpose, I'm finding the design work I'm involved in right now, the unit review, a platform of effort that will eventually lead to that scenario being worked out, not even necessarily as a scenario but as something that basically happens at a point in the game - though generating a specific scenario for it could help too.
Well, I'm immediately resigning from any "responsibility", so that you don't get any high hopes about my effectiveness as a modder - which is almost nil.
On the other hand, I'm absolutely open to discussing and designing the ecosystem part, when we already filter out the actual units (and that means their images as well).
When I said Alien Planet, I *meant* Alien Planet - and I'm sure you KNOW that reference, lol.
Well, I doubt we'll get EXACTLY those units (nor do I even wish that in the first place), but the IDEA is great and already done for us to just swipe and USE it, lol.

Additional point, though.
Is it a good idea to post a "context prequel scenario" to this, something like *Post-Apocalypse: Survival*, aka simply a one-civ MEGA map with enhanced animal stats?
Basically a very minor (but challenging) twist: super animals -vs- your one and only Human Civilization?
Heck, I can even make it FUNNIER by using Neanderthals in the first place, loool.
Should I make and post this one?

Well, I'm immediately resigning from any "responsibility", so that you don't get any high hopes about my effectiveness as a modder - which is almost nil.
On the other hand, I'm absolutely open to discussing and designing the ecosystem part, when we already filter out the actual units (and that means their images as well).
When I said Alien Planet, I *meant* Alien Planet - and I'm sure you KNOW that reference, lol.
Well, I doubt we'll get EXACTLY those units (nor do I even wish that in the first place), but the IDEA is great and already done for us to just swipe and USE it, lol.
If you mean you're talking Xenomorphs (from Aliens), yeah I've got those on the unit list already - even having given them some stats in part so far. Only the main ones, not a queen or anything. We might have to add those as well. If we have art out there somewhere on these then yes, we need to GET THAT!
Additional point, though.
Is it a good idea to post a "context prequel scenario" to this, something like *Post-Apocalypse: Survival*, aka simply a one-civ MEGA map with enhanced animal stats?
Basically a very minor (but challenging) twist: super animals -vs- your one and only Human Civilization?
Heck, I can even make it FUNNIER by using Neanderthals in the first place, loool.
Should I make and post this one?
Interesting. Could be good practice as well.

If you mean you're talking Xenomorphs (from Aliens), yeah I've got those on the unit list already - even having given them some stats in part so far. Only the main ones, not a queen or anything. We might have to add those as well. If we have art out there somewhere on these then yes, we need to GET THAT!

Interesting. Could be good practice as well.
[SCENARIO] - Wrub: The Survivor - The MEGA Fauna Scenario.
Hardly a practice in anything but survival itself, though.
Still I'd say it gives you quite a taste of what a TRUE Alien Planet would feel like, loool.
Enjoy.

Top Bottom