Alignement of the gods

Dracosolon

King
I will say...

Amatheon: Probably Neutral Good, in the sense that he must not mind the law sufficiently to become Chaotic good.
Bhall: Lawful Good before her fall ("righteous indignation" and all), Chaotic Evil after.
Junil: Swinging between Lawful Good and Lawful Neutral.
Lugus: Lawful Good (yes, it fits perhaps the Order better, but i suppose that all this redemption thing suppose believing firstly in the rationality, no?).
Nantosuelta: The hardest of the Good, as she seems to value individuality (Chaotic Good?) but also a strong ethic (Lawful Good?), like the Luchuirp. I will say Chaotic Good because it's not too contradictory with the latter, to balance a bit and to oppose Ceridwen, even if those two finally seem to be over Order and Chaos.
Nemed: Obviously Chaotic Good.
Sirona: Neutral Good, slightly tending toward Chaotic Good.

Arawn: True Neutral. Does I need to explain:crazyeye:? Perhaps Lawful Neutral at the beginning.
Cernunnos: Chaotic Neutral?
Dagda: Lawful Neutral, but not as much as Junil.
Danalin: Neutral Good? (Kind, easy to live...) Or True Neutral? (Passive.)
Kilmorph: Lawful Neutral/ Lawful Good.
Oghma: Unknown. Oghma is the god (goddess? I'm not even sure if it's a he or a she...) I know the less about. Probably True Neutral.
Sucellus: Seems True Neutral as the Angel of Growth. Neutral Good during the Age of Rebirth?
Tali: Chaotic Neutral.

Aeron: Neutral Evil. I suppose he only wants power.
Agares: He probably see himself as Chaotic Neutral or even Chaotic Good (After all, he revolted with the benefit of all in mind, no?) but to anybody else he must appear Chaotic Evil or even Neutral Evil.
Camulos: Chaotic Evil. Perhaps Chaotic Neutral in his good days.
Ceridwen: Lawful Evil. Yeah, we're not sure about her real intentions, but she really loves binding contracts, apparently... I'll compare her to Tzeentch from Warhammer without the insanity.
Esus: Chaotic Neutral before his fall (he defended Os-Gabella.) Chaotic Evil or Neutral Evil after it.
Mammon: Seemed pretty True neutral before his fall. Probably Lawful Evil or Neutral Evil now.
Mulcarn: Reluctance toward change he's generally a Lawful thing, so Lawful Evil or VERY extreme Lawful Neutral.

As usual, thanks for any answer and sorry for any English error too painful to read.

Amatheon could be seen as either lawful or chaotic. I see him as residing over creative chaos and emerging order.

Lugus is between Lawful Good and Neutral good. He is the most rational deity, but does not really believe in the power of authorities to set rules for others to follow. His religion teaches only basic precepts from which individuals are to derive their own personal codes of ethics.

I'm not quite sure what is so obvious about Nemed's type. I'm not saying I disagree with you choice, only that there is less known about him. It may also be worth noting that he was the god who first led him brethren to sin openly, in granting immortality to Man despite The One insisting their works all be mortal.

Kilmorph is definitely Lawful Neutral, not particularly good.

Oghma is the God (male) of Knowledge and Memory, especially of obscure things. He is probably true neutral.

I tend to think that Sucellus has taken on a more Chaotic Good persona with his assumption of Nemed's old precept.

Aeron is probably the most Lawful of the Evil gods. He enforces an extremely strict hierarchy that rivals that of Junil in its rigidity. He is all about granting the strong the authority to dominate the weak.

Camulos is now Chaotic Evil, but originally I'd consider him Chaotic Good. His original title was God of Peace. He was always an anarchist, but originally one of the pacifistic variety and only more recently the kind of trouble maker that gives anarchists a bad name. It was his job to champion individual rights and freedom against the tyranny of the external authorities like Junil and Aeron. He also represented mediation and mutually beneficial negotiation to allow individuals to coexist without one dominating another against his will. His fall was not immediate, as long after the time when he was the shield that protected Gabella from the sword of Junil he created what later became the Chaos Marauders with the purpose of translating and facilitating trade a peace treaties.

Ceridwen is a bit hard. She is about the bonds of various types of relationships between individuals (without regard for the individuals themselves), but after her fall she has been focused much more on tearing these apart than building new connections.

Esus was originally the God of Trust. Deception originated as a way to allow someone to whom a friend entrusted a potentially embarrassing secret not to betray this trust and ruin the relationship. It was very much caused by a sense of duty and personal loyalty perhaps making Esus originally lawful.

I'd lean towards Mulcarn being very Lawful Neutral, but Auric Ascended is extremely evil

Of course, a proper alignment system for Erebus needs at least 10 dimensions, not merely 2.

Ceridwen: Lawful Evil. Yeah, we're not sure about her real intentions, but she really loves binding contracts, apparently... I'll compare her to Tzeentch from Warhammer without the insanity.

...what. Tzeentch is probably the most traditionally chaotic of the Warhammer gods. If you take out the insanity, you have nothing left of him. Besides, if this deity is clearly malevolent and has a thing for contracts, well...
You might be seeing a homage, here.

I think it would also make sense if Dagda, as God of Balance, is actively True Neutral in the "Balance Between Good And Evil/ Order And Chaos" way.

But, can a Fallen god undo his fall, and what would it be called?

...what. Tzeentch is probably the most traditionally chaotic of the Warhammer gods. If you take out the insanity, you have nothing left of him. Besides, if this deity is clearly malevolent and has a thing for contracts, well...

Tzeentch APPEARS Lawful Evil: he highly values convoluted plans, intellect, scheming... It's precisely because he is insane, and that all his scheme may likely not have any purpose at all in the end except scheming for the sake of scheming that he is Chaotic Evil. Ceridwen shares many aspects with him: God(dess) of Magic, incomprehensible schemer, ambition, etc...

I think it would also make sense if Dagda, as God of Balance, is actively True Neutral in the "Balance Between Good And Evil/ Order And Chaos" way.

But, can a Fallen god undo his fall, and what would it be called?

Well, Dagda's domain is basically all about binding contracts: in many way, he is the god of democracy, of enforcing the authority of the majority. His former archangel Cassiel would be a better exemple of True Neutral, as he's highly defiant of any ideology, even if he was the one to come with the Compact in the first place.

ANY evil character in Erebus can potentially be redempted, even if it's very unlikely, just as ANY good or neutral one can be corrupted. But this isn't very believed outside of Sirona's followers. Sirona still hopes that Agares himself be redeemed, and every other god think she's ridiculously naive, Junil in particular.

I suppose it would simply be called a Redemption, no?

Top Bottom