1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ALL Bugs, AI actions and UI Elements in Civ VI we want to have fixed

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Zegangani, Feb 27, 2021.

?

What Bugs, AI actions and UI Elements in Civ VI you want to have fixed?

1. Fix the World Builder.

19.1%
  2. Change the move your troops considerably and reduce the tendency of AI civs to denounce the player.

12.8%
  3. Allow building older units if you don't have the r8 resources for the newer unit you just unlocked.

21.3%
  4. Remove the bug that stops you clicking on a unit at the left edge of the display.

6.4%
  5. Make it possible to do something about your ally attacking a CS you are suzerain of.

59.6%
  6. Better AI placement of Districts and settling Cities.

36.2%
  7. Better Combat (Including AI Naval Combat and its strategy in general) and Fix AI razing capitals.

44.7%
  8. Option to request MAX of each trade -lock gold per turn/sum from trade & show more trade items infos

8.5%
  9. Fix AI trade behavior (including "Make this offer more equitable" and offering to much in JointWar)

17.0%
  10. AI civilian units locked in a city center after a city turns into free city.

4.3%
  11. Swap tiles/buy tiles in one tab and faithbuy/goldbuy in one tab.

4.3%
  12. Fix rejecting friendship ending in friendship & blocked goverment change in certain situations.

4.3%
  13. Sorting Trade Routes and Espionage by Civ.

10.6%
  14. Liberated city states blocking adding new envoys to any city state, forcing a player to save/reload

4.3%
  15. For pillaged Buildings just choose the District to repair them all & option to queue anything.

25.5%
  16. all list-based information screens able to be sorted by clicking on the title for each column.

14.9%
  17. Ability to sort cities in order of a particular production yield, with each city occupying one line.

21.3%
  18. Improve AI tendency to build Government Plaza and its Buildings as early as possible.

8.5%
  19. Fix AI shopping and harvesting everything and expanding too fast.

10.6%
  20. Better AI Unit handling (Pathfinding, Actions...etc - especially impriving resources & during war).

51.1%
  21. Leaders shouldn't do their "Positive trade deal" animation twice in a row.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  22. Implementation of Promises between Human players.

2.1%
  23. Fix AI using Civilian Units to explore the Map and to find Goody Hutts.

2.1%
  24. Make it possible to switch off the deal Screen when we get an Offer and get back to it at anytime.

8.5%
  25. Adopt UI and Flavor Mods (like: UD Icons, BTS, BRS, EDR...etc).

27.7%
  26. Make Civilopedia available in the Main Menu.

6.4%
  27. City-states list - sort by name/type/envoys; & total envoy counter.

8.5%
  28. PolicyCards Screen: filter by yield type (food, gold, etc)/Great work popup: filter by type/building

8.5%
  29. The AI should build Lagrange Laser Station and/or Terrestrial Laser Station much more often.

8.5%
  30. Lightyears per turn should not be tucked away in the Science victory tab.

4.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Zegangani

Zegangani Prince

Since Civ VI Developers are constantly checking this Community for Feedback and Suggestions from CivFanatics (Civ/ Leader & CS Pickers, Barbarian Mode...etc), and the Bugs Section to gather more Infos about the Bugs...etc, I thought it might be a good Idea to make a Thread just to submit ALL the Bugs, UI Elements we want to have fixed and AI improvements we want to see, in order to make it easier for the Devs to find out which ones we want the most to have fixed/balanced, and which ones bother us the most.

IMO, NFP might be the last Expansion we will get for Civ VI, but we will eventually get some more Updates for the Game Post-NFP, so it's a chance to for us to put our requests in the hope that the Devs might hear us and fulfill some of our wishes. But even if they do, most likely they wont fulfill all of our requests/wishes. And in order for us to get the things we want to get the most, I think we should make a Poll of all the Bugs, AI and UI improvements/refinements we want to have fixed. This way, we will know which Things the Fans want the most, and which can be sacrificed for more important ones (For example, I would rather have the Monopolies Bug fixed rather than fixing the problem of selecting 0 CSs in the Barbarians Mode doesn't make the Barbarian Camps gather conversion Points(because there is an easy fix for that, but not for Monopolies) - but this one will most likely will get soon fixed, so it's just an example).

I will leave This Thread like this (Without a Poll), in order for us to gather all the Bugs that annoy us, the improvements of AI actions we want to see, and the UI Elements we want to have refined. Once we have enough I will make the Poll (in order to make the Poll fair), but I will also put in additional requests/wishes that get posted after That.

Note: This ain't a Thread for New Gameplay Elements/Mechanisms, but for Bug Fixes, including AI actions that don't work properly, and UI elements that don't have the options we want and/or show the Infos we want to see.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    konokoni, ashar26 and nzcamel like this.
  2. Abaxial

Abaxial King

1) Fix the World Builder at last! How long does this take? <<<<<-- THIS!
    2) Get rid of the demand to move your troops - or change it considerably.
    3) Be less aggressive in removing units from the build menu for being obsolete - as when you can't build artillery because you haven't discovered oil yet, but you can't build bombards any more either.
    4) Remove the bug that stops you clicking on a unit at the left edge of the display.
    5) Make it possible to do something about your ally attacking a CS you are suzerain of.
    6) Reduce the tendency of AI civs to denounce the player (really, it's an invitation for the player to declare war at liberty).

There's a half-dozen from me. All from the base game.

3. InsidiousMage

InsidiousMage Prince

A search function on consoles.
    Better integrations of pre-GS unique units into the upgrade trees for the various classes, especially Samurai/Vikings/Khevsur.
    Oligarchy's diplo policy slot should become a wildcard policy slot because early game diplo policies are not that good and there are not even that many to choose from to begin with.
    The AI learning how to place districts and settle cities better.
    Better combat.

Maybe it's a bug but on consoles I've always been able to build older units if I don't the right resources for the newer unit I just unlocked.

Zegangani likes this.
  4. Linklite

Linklite King

Yeah, I noticed that I could still build Warriors while I had the option of Swordsmen while playing on the Switch the other day. I never play on the PC so I don't know about that.

Zegangani likes this.
  5. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

I suggest we keep this thread to bugs and UI elements as Firaxis have a balance patch planned for next month and it's probably too late to influence that.

nzcamel, the_sun and 8housesofelixir like this.
  6. Zegangani

Zegangani Prince

Yes, that's reasonable (Bugs and UI are the things Fans want most to have fixed anyway). But haven't they confirmed the Balance patch just for Civs/Leaders (and not for other things)?

7. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

My interpretation, which could be wrong was that is was a general balance thing they were planning.

crewealex and Zegangani like this.
  8. InsidiousMage

InsidiousMage Prince

The Mamluk is a Knight replacement so it should upgrade into a Cuirassier, the Winged Hussar should be a Knight replacement and upgrade as such, the Varu should upgrade sooner, and so on. There are plenty of changes that could be made without creating new units. Not to mention those three I listed could be like Swordsmen replacements or something. Pre-GS unique units are at a disadvantage because they are not properly integrated with units that have been added to the game and it shouldn't be a lot of work to fix that.

9. Noble Zarkon

Might be worth a separate thread for things like that??

nzcamel likes this.
  10. aieeegrunt

aieeegrunt Prince

Make mods availble for consoles

That pretty much fixed everything else

11. intellectsucks

intellectsucks Warlord

When trading: add an option to request the MAX of each tradeable resource from the AI. For example: you offer one luxury and request gold per turn, you can click a MAX button and the AI will counter with the maximum the will offer. If you want to add one time gold to the deal you can then choose the max of that.

If they don't want to do that they can at least make the "Make this offer more reasonable" option work again.

nzcamel likes this.
  12. InsidiousMage

InsidiousMage Prince

That is on the console makers not Firaxis and while I think Microsoft allows mods I don't think Sony and Nintendo ever will.

13. Virdrago

Virdrago Wandering

Please fix the AI razing capitals bug. Australia just razed Constantinople 30 turns into my current game.

Futumch likes this.
  14. enKage

enKage Follower of Zoamelgustar

UI elements:
    - deal window, just to know what luxuries AI have from CSs / trades so a player knows without 1000 clicks which luxury to sell
    - deal window: possibility to lock gold perturn / sum we want to get from trade. For example: I want 200 gold and some per turn. When I choose what do you want, AI deletes the gold and offers only gpt
    - swap tiles/buy tiles in one tab
    - faithbuy/goldbuy in one tab
    - sorting trade routes by civ, sorting espionage by civ so I can remove from the list those civs I am not interested
    - happiness indicator on main map city bar, insufficient ammenities marker doen't tell anything if the city is unghapy, content or whatever
    - complete rework of religious layer, so that a player could see anything
    - repairing district - I ant to reapir all buildings without entering the city every turn
    (a very shorten list)

The most obvious bugs to fix
    - no resources improved -> this is gamebreaking
    - corporation tuorism
    - liberated city states blocking adding new envoys to any city state, forcing a player to save/reload
    - rejecting friendship ending in friendship
    - blocked goverment change in certain situations fe.. when inspiration finishes research the same turn as regular research
    - AI attacking great people instead of units
    - unit stacking blocking end of turn
    - joint war and AI wanting to trade even hundreds of gold per turn for it and in general making "what do you want for this" working again
    - AI civilian units locked in a city center after a city turns into free city
    - left click causing movement just like right-clicking - this one is present from the very very beginning
    (not entering civ specific bugs)

15. Abaxial

Abaxial King

Fixed already - shift+enter.

16. aieeegrunt

aieeegrunt Prince

That didn’t stop Bethesda from doing it for Fallout 4 for xbox

Yes, THAT Bethesda

And THAT engine

*mic drop*

17. InsidiousMage

InsidiousMage Prince

Yes, Microsoft allows mods, Sony and Nintendo don't. Firaxis has no say in the matter. Consoles are proprietary so if Sony or Nintendo say "no" then there is nothing for Firaxis to do and as far as I know Sony and Nintendo have never made any kind of statement saying they will allow mods for any games.

18. aieeegrunt

aieeegrunt Prince

If Firesxis wanted to have mods on xbox they could. It’s 110% their decision. We don’t have mods on xbox because Fireaxis won’t let us

19. legalizefreedom

legalizefreedom Inefficiency Expert

There are a couple of wonders that have incorrect text when mousing over the icon in the wonder movie screen. One for sure is the requirements of the wonder instead of the effects.

20. InsidiousMage

InsidiousMage Prince

Because then the X-box version would be different from the PS and Switch versions, which is something I don't think Firaxis would want.