1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

All city connections (river, trade and airport)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by washy, Jul 30, 2018.

1. washy

washy Chieftain

Rivers require river harbor in both cities, trade routes require a caravansary in both cities and airport connections two airports.
    The river harbor, that connects the cities and gives your city +1 food.
    Require DLL - Various Mod Components.

allconn.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Artisanix

Artisanix Chieftain

Very nice, downloaded and will be using in my games ;]

One minor issue though - you saved icon with the dimensions of 45x45 as DXT1 - this won't work. DXT compression requires images with dimensions that can be divided by 4.
    That icon is used in city view, and is currently black in game. Just re-save it with ARGB8888 compression.

And btw, in case of buildings, icons with 214 dimensions are not used, so you may want to remove it and update the code.

3. washy

washy Chieftain

Thanks i will fix this in the next version, one question the 45 should be a 44? And do the units use the 214? or nothing?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  4. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

The icons are 45x45, just increase the canvas to 48x48 (with the icon top left) and use DXT1 compression

5. Artisanix

Artisanix Chieftain

Well, while DXT1 1 bit alpha works here, I don't think it should be recommended.

What is most important here I think, is to establish some standards for your work flow and keep to them.

Without the standards it can be done in many ways which produce a little if no visible difference between those.
    But these introduce a lot of confusion because of plenty of choices, and inconsistencies that may simply lead to errors, issues, crashes, etc. you name it.

So without the standards you can:
    - increase canvas size to 48x48
    - decrease canvas size to 44x44
    - or decrease image size to 44x44
    then:
    - save it as DXT1 with 1 bit alpha,
    - save it as DXT3 or DXT5
    or:
    just do nothing with size, and save it as ARBG8888.

But with standards, everything is simpler and has its own place and meaning:

- if image has NO ALPHA save as DXT1
    - if image has ANY ALPHA save as DXT5 (only, and only then if image has some sharp patterns in alpha which won't look good as DXT5, then save as DXT3)

- if you're saving with DXT compression, and the image has odd dimensions, like 45 icons, usually increase/decrease the canvas size to nearest number divided by 4

TL;DR :)
    As for me, I try to keep the standards above, so I would increase the dimensions of that icon (canvas, not image) to 48x48, exactly what whoward mentioned. Then save it as DXT5, because icon uses alpha.

Though in the case above as a quick fix, I could also just save it as ARGB8888 without resizing, because icon is so small anyway, that I would prefer speed in the work flow over insignificant space saving, or additional fuss with resizing ;]

-----
    And your other question:
    For Units there are no any icon atlases in original database that point to 214 icons.
    The only things which reference these icons are technologies.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  6. washy

washy Chieftain

Thank you, that was very useful!