1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

all civ mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by coachlentz, Mar 21, 2006.

1. coachlentz

coachlentz Corruptor of Youth

i finally worked out most of the bugs on the mod i'm playing so i uploaded it so anyone interested can download it

it's got about 100 civs and 200 leaders

there were also a few leaders i thought belonged with more than one civ, so i put them there

thanks to everyone who has made a civ on here because i borrowed about all of them

if anyone can get iceland in or combine with the total experience mod then let me know how you did it cause i'd love to add it to mine

like i said, i made this for my personal use but have had a couple of people tell me they'd like to use it, so here it is

if you have any feedback let me know, and i'm not defensive or sensitive or anything, so tell me whatever you think

and if anything needs fixing, fix it. but i'd like to know how you did it so i can fix it on mine too

oh yeah, here's the link
    http://www.3ddownloads.com/Strategy/Civilization 4/Mods/All_Civs

its a really big download btw (165mb)

also, borrow or steal whatever you want, and i dont need or want credit, since i stole 95% of this from here and there

2. cthom

cthom 3,011,451,295

i'm a little worried about downloading 165mb! can you tell if waxonwaxovs scotland mod is included? what bugs remain?

3. coachlentz

if that is the version in the superciv mod, then it's in here

there is a scotland for sure

all of the superciv plus
    the african mod
    antarctica
    basque
    bavaria
    the buffalo mod
    californian
    chechnya
    csa
    etruscans
    franks
    great ones
    haida
    italie
    khmer
    kingdom of sweeden
    palmyra
    poland
    hawaii
    switzerland
    thailand
    the dominion
    thrace
    togo
    ukranian
    utopia
    first peoples
    cis
    ussr
    vietnam
    frisian
    bih
    albania+illyria
    tibet
    yugoslavia
    polynesians
    yemen

plus the leaderheads mod that added extras to the existing civs

the only bugs i know of are some civlopedia entries, but i haven't played every civ so i cannot promise all the flags are right on them

4. cthom

cthom 3,011,451,295

nice :goodjob: the civilopedia entries i can live with.

5. Shqype

Shqype Shqyptar

Wow, this must have been alot of work to combine. Thanks for putting in the effort, if someone wants ALOT of variety then this should be the mod ;)

And thanks for adding Ancient Illyria + Ethnic Albania :)

6. coachlentz

actually it wasn't that bad

i use the program from this post to help:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=140188

i had to edit some xml files, and even though i knew no xml to start with, it wasn't that bad.

the harder part for me was changing some of the pictures

there are a few civs i wanted to put in but couldn't get in for one reason or another: iceland, the yankee civ, dorian greece, and savoie

i also really wanted to combine with the total experience mod

i used to have the rw resources and the inquisitor mods, but the resources one messed the fonts all up and i really found no use for the inquisitor during play

7. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

8. coachlentz

alright i got dorian, iceland, and yankee on mine today

the one i can't make work is savoie

can anyone figure out how to get the extra resources to work on this?

when i get that i'll post an update

also, i think i'm going to try to make a jamacia(sp?) with maybe marley or tosh and some reggae music, and maybe cuba

i've tried an illini mod (i grew up in illinois) but i had a couple of issues with it

anyway, that's what i'm working on now

maybe i should just play the game a couple of times

since i've played it through less than 10 times total (but i did get a diplo victory in the 15th century recently)

anyway, thanks for the feedback, you guys rule

9. coachlentz

oh yeah i put hyborian and thurian on mine too

i guess i should update soon

10. heroes182

heroes182 Rockstar

Thanks for putting the humble Utopians in there! :D

And *just* to annoy you, I'm about to upload version 1.2 of it (adds another leader)! :p

11. coachlentz

actually the utopians are one of my favoites to play. i love their UU because i am not a warmonger at all. in fact i often turn war off in the games i play, so really the utopians and indians make the most sense for me to play because of their uu's

12. KiddFlow

KiddFlow Chieftain

I just downloaded the 'allcivs' mod and i am having trouble figuring out where to put the file so i can use it in my own games. Could you tell what folder to put them in so i can implement the civs in my games? i also downloaded a map and put it in the 'WORLDBUILDER' folder and it works...so would i put this 'allcivs' file in the 'MODS' folder? or what one? Thanks...

13. Pratputajao

Pratputajao Chieftain

Wow, good job! Outstanding. This is the best combination mod available, by far. Some of the civs are interesting though; I was surprised when Antarctica showed up.. hehe

14. yexusbeliever

yexusbeliever Chieftain

Awesome! I just want to encourage the work to continue onward!!!

And maybe if you make the title thread more appealing others will see this mod to be the best one ever! Such like making the title of the thread all caps. Example: ALL CIVILATION MOD; ALL CIVI MOD ....and adding some sort of number version of this mod will show interests. And add complete civilizations and leaders you used in this mod on your first post. :D

15. coachlentz

that wasn't really why i made it. i made it for me to play and asked someone for some help and ended up posting it

i've been adding some new civs and leaderheads, and been trying to combine with the total experience mod

if i get that done i'll post an update

16. yexusbeliever

yexusbeliever Chieftain

17. Broken Legion

Broken Legion Chieftain

Great work coachlentz, I love having as many civs as possible.

Thanks for adding my CIS mod (if that's the cis mod you're talking about)

18. meatwad4289

meatwad4289 Chieftain

WOW its beautiful... I wanted to play as the south, but I wanted more comp then what I got. Kinda so it was Random. And i didnt know for a fact how to add in new civs without the copy paste method lol.. But um. yeah. Now all I need to do is find a Hitler lol. unless hes in there. I wanna fight hitler. so bad. lol. Anyway, Thanks for adding in the CSA. Atleast I think u added it.. well ill find out. Anyway, thats enough nations to make Random jump out at you. rather than having only a few diffrent nations each game.

19. coachlentz

they are both in there. i may not have assigned hitler to a civ though, i can't remember. if i forgot it's easy, just go into the xml then civilization infos, then add hitler as one of the german leaders. if i didn't , let me know and i'll post an update on the download site that has it, and the new stuff i've added. i wanted to add the civ gold stuff but i had some problems and my laptop is acting up right now. apparently when i run my xml marker for too long it gets tired and turns off. can play the game for 4 hours with no problem, run the editors and poof, go figure.

20. meatwad4289

meatwad4289 Chieftain

well I started to play, and i had about 3 errors which crashed the game. Now if I reload the autosave to where I was it brings up the "what do you want to build screen" for my capital, i select and it crashes. No matter which selection, goto a diffrent autosave and same problem :(. I'm afraid i must reinstall Civ4. It was a nice to see that the selection of Nations were Random, which kinda makes it more realistic, but, be it my computer or a slight bug I can't play it. But Thanks.