All Civved out?

I just play different games - I'm a fan of virtually every major game genre...and pretty decent at most ;). Actually my best games are RTS in general and madden/ncaa football.

Running through new and old RPGs helps too.

Mixed with Civ IV, it's hard to get tired of gaming, since real life demands don't give me time to play ALL of these constantly...!

Real Life?? Sometimes I wish we could do start over and mix in different genres to keep things fresh too! :p

I play huge maps on marathon speed so my games end up taking me almost a month to get through. By the end of a game, I'm sick of the modern era units, but starting over with a new game in the ancient era feels just like a new game (what an awkward sentence; ehh, you know what I mean).
Ditto for me... takes me a month or so to play a full game, by then, I'm sick of modern and yearn for ancient units...

While I'm in ancient times, I can't wait for industrial and modern units!

Wash, rinse, repeat.

I'm on a Civ break right now and playing MTW2, which can take a month of real life time. I'm looking forward to returning to Civ when Colonization comes out. A mod or scenario can make a game interesting, but I can't say any of the commercial mods for Civ 4 were worth much. I started with Civ2 and never stay away long; its the king.

I get bored with Civ after every game. I get my fix, then find something else to do for a couple weeks, then I get the urge and get back to work. (Prince Difficulty, I will master you!!!)

I recently installed Civ3 and was so totally bored that I played half a game and uninstalled it.

Mods are a great way to extend playability. I keep meaning to install Wolfie's mod.x_X

yea , i sometimes take a break and go and play another game. i got back into Morrowind not so long ago, but then i got bored of that. i then once played jade empire for 3 weeks... eventually i come back to civ.

i once went outside, but started to feel dizzy and my nose started bleeding. i couldnt fully open my eyes either, it was too bright. i ahvent done it since.

It can happen.

For a change of pace game I play Sid's Pirates!

I have another trick. Read a book. History or historical fiction. Watch an epic movie. It'll provide more depth to your experience, more immersion, more ideas to play out.

Ditto for me... takes me a month or so to play a full game, by then, I'm sick of modern and yearn for ancient units...

While I'm in ancient times, I can't wait for industrial and modern units!

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Same crap Im going through - havent played civ in almost a year though. The patch issue kinda pissed me off and civ4 just isnt how I would have wanted civ4 to be.

So I just visit the forum hoping for a civ5. But if civ5 is built for multiplayer first, single player second like civ4, then civilization is dead to me. If I want multiplayer, I would choose an RTS or MMO. TBS sucks when it comes to multiplayer and why let the game suffer from that? Just design it with singleplayer in mind, but add the option to multiplay.

I usually cycle through a genre of games. When I get bored of one type of game I move on to another game in another genre. It is usually a specific cycle that keeps repeating.

Simulation (Simcity 4, Zoo Tycoon)
then
RPG (Fate, Neverwinter)
then
TBS (Civ IV)
then
RTS (Age of Empires III)
then back to simulation.

Currently Civ IV is a pretty good compilation of all of those games. I am usually good for about 1 good game and then it takes me some time to get started on anther full length game.

My interest in all games tends to be cyclical. Since 2004 I've gone back and forth between MMOs and straegy games: EQ2 for about a year, then a MoM jag for about six months, then back to EQ2 for four months, then Civ IV for six months, then WoW for a year, then Civ IV again for six months, then back to WoW for six months. Now my interest in WoW is waning again and I'm getting back into Civ IV.

If you're getting bored with a game, my advice is to move on to something else for a little while. Eventually your interest will probably be rekindled.

Same crap Im going through - havent played civ in almost a year though. The patch issue kinda pissed me off and civ4 just isnt how I would have wanted civ4 to be.

So I just visit the forum hoping for a civ5. But if civ5 is built for multiplayer first, single player second like civ4, then civilization is dead to me. If I want multiplayer, I would choose an RTS or MMO. TBS sucks when it comes to multiplayer and why let the game suffer from that? Just design it with singleplayer in mind, but add the option to multiplay.

What I find great about Civ 4 being built for multiplayer is that there is now a version for it. Civ 3's multiplayer is just crap. I mean seriously, if you haven't tried it - don't worry about it. 4 now gives me a version I can mod anything in the game I want as well as download other multiplayer capable mods and go online with. Because of the open availability for modding in Civ 4 mixed with its structure for multiplayer Civilization doesn't have to make any future titles have multiplayer IMO. Because they could use Civ 4 as the 'multiplayer edition' that doesn't ever go stale. But I agree with everything you said. (outside of choosing a RTS or MMO)

You do get bored with just about everything in life (well there is one exception perhaps - sex !). Don't do it for a while and you will get the addiction back.

I went off civ for a couple of months and now am totally addicted once again.

You do get bored with just about everything in life (well there is one exception perhaps - sex !). Don't do it for a while and you will get the addiction back.

I went off civ for a couple of months and now am totally addicted once again.

At my highest peak playing civ3, I would sometimes prefer playing the game over sex. At least civ3 offered a new oppenent from time to time :lol:.

Top Bottom