All Empires across the Atlantic

stormbind

Retenta personam!
Internal Link @ CivFanatics.com

Hi all,

My knowledge of history is really poo - so I come to you! :lol:

The above is a game, in which a small selection of entirely fantasy islands have been added to the Atlantic! The community wants a realistic history to be invented to go with it...

But, obviously these islands must have no signficant influence in world history - so they are small.

The other community members want multi-cultural islands.

Now as far as I can see that can be done, but there's no way the islands could avoid being annexed by the British in the industrial age (at the latest) - and granted independence in recent history.

Other members want to see a war for independence similar to the US Revolutionary War (on these small islands) and I just don't see how that could be possible without completely rewriting history.

This requires good understanding of politics throughout history, good understanding of the ballance of power in the Atlantic over hundreds of years, and good understanding of foreign policies throughout those years.

I accept that my contribution may not be too great - but that's why I come to you guys :)

Please remain unbiased and click the link provided at the start of this post. Thank you kindly :)

Empires bordering the Atlantic? Let's see: Mayans, Romans (at their greatest extent), Portugal, Spain, Carthage, Aztecs, British...

P.S. Stormbind- I wrote part of a history you might wanna check out in that thread.:)

I agree with the person who forwarded that the islands arose in the late 20th century, and were colonized by people seeking to create a "perfect' government- that cancels out the need to revise history like the completelly

Okay, just to respect better the rules of tectonics... here's how I would put Civfanatica. Moreover, Civfanatica should be a volcanic archipelago with very sharp relief. (I've just rotate it)

Attachments

• civfanatica.jpg
    civfanatica.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 218
Ooh! I like Marla's arrangement better.:)

As long as a volcano doesn't erupt..

I'm not entirely sure :lol:

This member is treating it as mock government for real-world/real-time political discussion. Maybe we (the international community) can do a better job than those morons in Washington DC, Paris and London? ;)

Don't forget to add the Netherlands to that list.

Top Bottom