1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

All leader portraits

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by nunor, Jul 12, 2016.

1. SMcM

SMcM Emperor

Well, do you have a better suggestion? C5 doesn't look like a Korean leader, but B5 looks like it could fit. And, anyway, Gorguryeo only contained about half of modern South Korea.

2. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

I think at this stage it's worth to stop trying. If we gusssed all but two of the nations, then I highly doubt we'll get the rest of the two until we get a more clearer hint.

Going back and forth without any solid proof is really a waste of time.

3. robaker

robaker Chieftain

I looked up pictures related to Goguryeo and found this picture which kinda seems similar to B5 if you crop out the background.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...of_King_Tongmyong,_Pyongyang,_North_Korea.jpg

Also, found this picture which kinda looks like C5 if you focus on the individuals and use a bit of imagination. :mischief:

http://www.antiquealive.com/Blogs/i...Goguryeo-tomb-wall-painting-hunting-scene.jpg

Honestly though, C5 looks like a thick-bearded man wearing a big round turban and a fur coat of some kind.

4. SMcM

SMcM Emperor

Well, you're free to disagree with me, but I have laid out my opinion, and given clear arguments. But, we'll have to wait and see.

However, E1 should definitely not be impossible to find, and I am sure that it is not another Spanish leader.

5. Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko Warlord

You are totally right, but we need something to do while waiting for the next reveal. Last weeks' videos didn't really give us much to talk about other than the civet list and a few natural wonders.

6. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

True. It's why certain less than useful threads have popped up.

Although I think it's going to be at least a week before we get anything tbh. I think we'll see China this week with a look at Diplomaccy.

7. pholtz

pholtz King

Wow, I took a couple days off from following Civ VI news, and this happens. I could have probably gotten Catherine de Medici a bit quicker if I had known, I read a biography of hers recently and that picture was in the book somewhere, if not on the cover. She is an interesting person. Unfortunately I have no help to give on the "unknowns".

8. snipperrabbit!!

snipperrabbit!! Deity

After doing some guesswork on c5, I'm pretty confident the background is from top to bottom :

sky w/ some white clouds
    palm tree islets
    green blue lagoon w/ sun reflection from far top left angle

I can add there is gold on top of the head and maybe face with red paint around the eyes.

9. Atlas627

Atlas627 Deity

The Deluxe DLC says it includes new Civs and new Leaders, separately. They would thus need to prepare art for new Leaders of "old" civs.

This appears to be D5/E1 (Isabella and Philip II), as well as B5 (2nd German leader, pretty sure it isn't Greek).

C5 is Myanmar, Mongolia, Ottomans, or Persia. Myanmar seems most likely to me, given that particular picture.

10. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Is this B5?
    Spoiler :

Hermann, first patriot of Germany. Aka Arminius, former Roman general. Victor of the infamous Battle of Teutoberg Forest.

This statue of him is actually in Missouri.

11. Hannibal XIII

Hannibal XIII Warlord

12. Red Menace

Red Menace Prepare to be Menaced

Spoiler :
    interesting idea, but why? what civ would he lead? is this another double leader thing. he does match the pose but the colors seem to be off, unless he gets yellowy when hes in a blurred photo.

edit: almost forgot, TAMAR OF GEORGIA.

seriously people don't slack, Tamar demands it.

13. Sobornost

Sobornost Chieftain

C5 - I think launch precedent (Ottomans and Persia are popular choices time and again) market presence (a lot more Turks and Persians waiting to play than the other countries mentioned), facial hair styles (pretty much every Persian king and Ottoman sultan ever had beards like that thick black beard), makes it almost guaranteed its one of these two. It's got to be a 99% chance of being either Ottomans or Persia. I likewise agree that it's some sort of concept art, or some super obscure image they dug out of who knows where.

Check out the tassel on this turban. There are tassels on many of the Ottoman sultan turbans that show up on google. That black flowing line up in the white that comes to above the head, I'll be darned if that's not a tassel.

http://www.learningpracticalturkish.com/ottoman-selim-ii.jpg

And so many of the sultans have big, white collared robes, just like in this graphic. Both Suleiman in Civ 5 and Mehmed in Civ 4 if memory serves me well.

It just screams Ottomans.

I don't think these portraits necessarily give us any hard and fast launch list though, I doubt the relative Eurocentrism, the two portraits for Spain, etc. I think it's just a puzzle with clues about what it being done, I think Firaxis is saying to expect multiple leaders per civ to come back in the future (not necessarily just for Spain), they want us to hang on because sooner or later we'll get Poland, Brazil, etc. I don't see how this portrait grouping binds them to anything at all, other than including them at some point (I don't see them putting up an outright false lead).

14. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

Palm trees, lagoons, gold on top of the head and red paint on the face sure sounds like Burma/Myanmar. :)

15. Krajzen

Krajzen Deity

16. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

Is this Qin in A5?

From 00:18 of the new China Video

Spoiler :

Attached Files:

17. Opera

Opera Deity

Yes, there was little doubt it was him.

18. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

I mean is it the same picture? If it is maybe this is their way to respond us for our confusion of the accuracy of the leaking civ list.

19. cakes

cakes Prince

yeah i think it was purposely included because of this thread as well. no one could find the source image could they?

20. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

Just a thought. If we actually seen 2 leaders for Spain (either as future plans or just undecided), it's possible B5 and C5 are variant leaders for one of nearby civs. This way B5 being a considered Germany leader is possible.